Virus supplies worldwide comparison

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
What the hell is PPE???When i go out I wear an N95 mask and carry hand sanitizer...

Maggie, PPE is Personal Protective Equipment. In this COVID 19, for you it is mask and hand sanitizer. For doctors and nurses, it includes masks, gloves, and disposable gowns to cover their clothes.

Firemen wear their suits, helmets, etc. PPE covers whatever is needed to be worn to keep a person from being injured or sickened, regardless of profession they are in, or at home.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Virus' have the ability to change their protein coats, especially vaccine variety virus' like chickenpox. The second and third time you developed chickenpox it was most likely following an exposure to someone who had been vaccinated for chickenpox. Different Vaccine manufacturers make slightly different vaccines for "patent" purposes. They are not all exactly the same and the immune response they give an individual wanes over time and boosters must be provided. Another situation whereby an individual can develop a viral disease more than once, is following an immune suppression situation, like being placed on steroids, for instance. Steroids basically shut down the immune system leaving an individual at risk for even dying from a cold. As long as you have a robust immune system you will now be protected for all three versions of the Chickenpox you developed. Should you ever have another outbreak make sure the lab finds out "which" version you just had. Was it "wild" chickenpox or a "vaccine variety" and which one. When given a vaccine for any virus, if it is working in that individual, they will very likely be slightly contagious for a period of time. The vaccine industry believes this helps to keep antibodies high in the population in general, but it all falls apart should someone exposed be immune compromised for any reason. It also will only boost those individuals who had made antibodies to that exact antigen. An example is the Tetanus shot. It is nearly impossible to find the Tetanus shot as an individual vaccine. It is now usually only found with the Pertusis vaccine. The individual given this vaccine will usually shed Pertusis for 8-10 days. Many of the little "epidemics" we experience, like the Measles outbreak at Disneyland (CA), happened as a result of mass vaccination campaign of a part of the population. Which is what happened at Disneyland. The cases were traced back and determined to be a "Measles Vaccine" variety given to a group of staff working at Disneyland. Vaccination is not perfect.
Yes. I've always questioned something I read once a long time ago. It was that virus had not been classified as dead or alive in the first place. So how do they call a virus dead if they still haven't classified it. It would be interesting to know IF they have. But I very much doubt if they have.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Anyone having issues finding supplies, I recommend looking for your local hippie organic grocery store. The kind you find around college campuses. I popped into one over the weekend and they had EVERYTHING that Walmart and Amazon are sold out on! TP, bottles of hand sanitizer (aloe and alcohol), etc. Not my usual place to go... it was interesting... but long story short, I got everything I needed in one spot and it only cost a few dollars more than the regular grocery stores.
Mother Earth is one also if you're lucky enough to have one close. It's worth doing a family day if it's not close. Take a drive and get bulk flour, beans, etc. Take your own jar and grind your peanut butter. It's still warm. Wonderful food.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Maggie, PPE is Personal Protective Equipment. In this COVID 19, for you it is mask and hand sanitizer. For doctors and nurses, it includes masks, gloves, and disposable gowns to cover their clothes.

Firemen wear their suits, helmets, etc. PPE covers whatever is needed to be worn to keep a person from being injured or sickened, regardless of profession they are in, or at home.
Thanks...sometimes I'm dumber than I look... ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
if a kid living a thousand miles from a road dies from covid , realistically what are the odds of someone living in a country where everyone lives on a road , minutes away from a city where folks are living 10,000-50,000 people per square mile , not getting exposed ? personally I think you'd need to be a very optimistic person to believe you were not going to get exposed before this is over ……… I think i'm a realist , often mistaken for a pessimist …….

Sewage analysis suggests a New England metro area with fewer than 500 COVID-19 cases may have exponentially more

is it odd the united states has 42% of the confirmed covid cases in the world , and a 3.8% death rate , as compared to the rest of the world with 58% of the confirmed cases and a 7.1% death rate ? makes me think the rest of the world might be surprised at their real case numbers …….
My thought is since China only reported it back in January those figures will never be known. I don't even blame them for that. Who would think it could come to this? Testing everyone would cost so much in time and money that the truely sick won't be able to get the care they desperately need right now. Also, giving all the help possible to health care providers.I've actually heard through the monkey vine that critical care patients were testing negative for the flue with flue symptoms back in late November 2019. We'll see. In the meantime I'll wash my hands, care for my animals, and try not to leave home as usual.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's a little alarming that items like PPE, anti bacterial, anti viral items and toilet paper are still virtually non existent after all of this time and considering how much longer we likely still have to go.
I find myself and my family and friends very UNready for much more of this. And I personally acted early in gathering items in advance.
It's all almost gone.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I personally acted early in gathering items in advance.
It's all almost gone.
the only problem I've had was feeding the dogs , and that seems to have cleared up here ………

Every day there is a news conference from the Governor of New York.
Yet locally we have almost no information or leadership from ours.
personally I seen the president give a news conference everyday usually 5-6pm ? for at least the last two weeks ????????

I have never understood how gloves can protect anyone
keeps you from touching your face

I still don’t understand Desantis’ position on “church” attendance
Constitution of United States of America 1789
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

My thought is since China only reported it back in January those figures will never be known. I don't even blame them for that. Who would think it could come to this?

I think with the leaked 2018 state department document , i'm gonna wait to see how this shakes out ……. I realize people leak stuff for a reason , but the fact the lab in Wuhan was studying bat coronavirus is at minimum a bit odd ???? it appears we know because the US government was supporting it ............. kinda makes cotton's comments a little less crazy appearing ......

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm referring to local information.
Broward county mayor...Floridas Governor.
Broward county Florida is a hotbed for the virus. And we're flying blind.
Also, I discount most of what our president has to say. It seems to be mostly unhelpful, wishful information at best.
That's my take on it, anyway.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I went out in search of feeder crickets today.
I wasn't allowed in the pet store. They're meeting customers outside in a single file line in the parking lot.
But, they were available!
I went and bought some fancy guppies, koi, and goldfish for my new pond yesterday. If I got pulled over I was going to say they're feeder fish. That's my story and I'm sticking to it officer!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
the only problem I've had was feeding the dogs , and that seems to have cleared up here ………

personally I seen the president give a news conference everyday usually 5-6pm ? for at least the last two weeks ????????

keeps you from touching your face

Constitution of United States of America 1789
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

✅ But Desantis is the Governor, not “Congress”. No?

I think with the leaked 2018 state department document , i'm gonna wait to see how this shakes out ……. I realize people leak stuff for a reason , but the fact the lab in Wuhan was studying bat coronavirus is at minimum a bit odd ???? it appears we know because the US government was supporting it ............. kinda makes cotton's comments a little less crazy appearing ......

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I personally stopped watching the presidents news conferences because they were bumming me out .........

from what I've seen , the university of Washington's model has said there were only two or three states that had potential to have problems with hospital space , new York ,new jersey and connecticut …… Cuomo seems a smart guy , but a natural politician...…... he may be talking a good game now , but it appears he should have been doing a little more than talking for the past 10yrs , or at least listening to his new self …. how do you have such a populated state and area such as NYC and less medical capability than ohio or pennsylvania ? i'm by no means a scientist , but i'm pretty sure population density is a big deal when it comes to infectious diseases …...

new York population 19.45 million , available beds 13,010 icu 718...………... 1495 people per bed

ohio population 11.69 million , available beds 14,290 icu 1238...……….. 818 people per bed

florida population 21.48 million , available beds 20,184 icu 1695...………. 1064 beds per

Pennsylvania population 12.8 million , available beds 14,395 icu 1043 …….. 889 per bed

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
But Desantis is the Governor, not “Congress”. No?

doesn't matter , there is a supremacy clause in the united states constituion ..... without it it wouldn't be the united states ?
i'm sure it's been challenged in the supreme court many times , but it really is irrelevant as the state constitution of florida says exactly the same thing ........
SECTION 3. Religious freedom.—There shall be no law respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting or penalizing the free exercise thereof.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Apparently there is some talk about each citizen receiving a check for $2,000 a month for the remainder of this shut down.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I don't have children. But this deficit is going to last a LONG time.
We've really screwed things up for them.

jeneliza

burton michigan
Why sigh? Because you think I'm a gun idiot or because I think the gun is necessary? I personally think this whole thing right now is sad...and I won't use my gun until and if the panicked people get crazed...some thieves broke into an SUV pulling a small trailer and swiped something like 100 packages of 12 rolls toilet paper...sand and funny as well...
I don't think your a gun nut, I think you have the right to bear arms, and to protect your self, people get crazy when things happen, better to be prepared, then to be unprepared , plus if you have arms, your granted to be able to feed your self, and others, years ago, we didn't have a meat processing plant, if you wanted to eat them you better have known how to aim, even if you have your own live stock,

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't think your a gun nut, I think you have the right to bear arms, and to protect your self, people get crazy when things happen, better to be prepared, then to be unprepared , plus if you have arms, your granted to be able to feed your self, and others, years ago, we didn't have a meat processing plant, if you wanted to eat them you better have known how to aim, even if you have your own live stock,
I could shoot and eat all of the Iguanas and Muscovy ducks if it came down to eat.
Everything that moves here is edible.....Even those cats that keep pooping in my planted areas.