Virus supplies worldwide comparison

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I still don’t understand Desantis’ position on “church” attendance (let alone the beaches).
He's taking a "hands off" approach like the ORANGE ONE to limit his level of blame.
Every day there is a news conference from the Governor of New York.
Yet locally we have almost no information or leadership from ours.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ed, I have not seen anything prohibiting wearing N95 masks if you already own them. No one has asked the public to turn over their masks to be given to health care workers. The only news I've seen in that regards is people who have hoarded vast quantities of them, like the guy in Baltimore who had a million masks plus other supplies in his house. Authorities did confiscate those.

Why wouldn't people be allowed to wear them? I believe we are not supposed to buy them. It's true that the mandates should say that, and they don't. But how is a mask in your tool shed going to help first responders? Seems to me it can only help you.
I can't use those type of masks and most of the other less effective. They make me sick from breathing my own co2. I'll have to drag out my sewing machine and make my own.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Man
Every time I turn on the news, they're talking about the Albany Georgia virus situation.
Mom is still ok.
But now her cellphone charge cord is malfunctioning and I haven't heard from her much for the last week or so.
One of the CNAs are going to buy her a cord tomorrow.
Her voice is hardly there and a lot of what she says is nonsense. But talking makes us both feel better. Even when she calls at 3 AM because she thinks its 3 PM to tell me about how she spent the day with a long since dead relative. Etc.
I used to be a home health aide and really enjoyed the elderly even when they talk a bit of nonsense. They would in some small way let me know they recognized me. Your mom knows it's you. She's just carrying on a conversation with her son. That means the world to a mother especially in her old age even if she can't quite say it right.

Bee62

Germany
While I waited for wifey to finish up grocery shopping yesterday, I saw three shoppers toss their disposable gloves into the air. It was really windy, they just blew off to Delaware i guess!
Some people get mad at brain ( if it exists ! ) with the corona virus.....:(:mad:

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
if a kid living a thousand miles from a road dies from covid , realistically what are the odds of someone living in a country where everyone lives on a road , minutes away from a city where folks are living 10,000-50,000 people per square mile , not getting exposed ? personally I think you'd need to be a very optimistic person to believe you were not going to get exposed before this is over ……… I think i'm a realist , often mistaken for a pessimist …….

Sewage analysis suggests a New England metro area with fewer than 500 COVID-19 cases may have exponentially more

is it odd the united states has 42% of the confirmed covid cases in the world , and a 3.8% death rate , as compared to the rest of the world with 58% of the confirmed cases and a 7.1% death rate ? makes me think the rest of the world might be surprised at their real case numbers …….

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
if a kid living a thousand miles from a road dies from covid , realistically what are the odds of someone living in a country where everyone lives on a road , minutes away from a city where folks are living 10,000-50,000 people per square mile , not getting exposed ? personally I think you'd need to be a very optimistic person to believe you were not going to get exposed before this is over ……… I think i'm a realist , often mistaken for a pessimist …….

Sewage analysis suggests a New England metro area with fewer than 500 COVID-19 cases may have exponentially more

is it odd the united states has 42% of the confirmed covid cases in the world , and a 3.8% death rate , as compared to the rest of the world with 58% of the confirmed cases and a 7.1% death rate ? makes me think the rest of the world might be surprised at their real case numbers …….
If Texas A&M is correct. We are currently in stage two of a five stage pandemic.
So, realistically, many of us will indeed be exposed eventually.
However, I'm more optimistic. Since the number of deaths is known. And the number of the truly infected is still not. I'm hoping the death rate percentage ends up being lower. Of course that will have no bearing on the number of deaths.
I'm just thinking that the infected number will end up being higher when this is over and we know more.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
If Texas A&M is correct. We are currently in stage two of a five stage pandemic.
So, realistically, many of us will indeed be exposed eventually.
However, I'm more optimistic. Since the number of deaths is known. And the number of the truly infected is still not. I'm hoping the death rate percentage ends up being lower. Of course that will have no bearing on the number of deaths.
I'm just thinking that the infected number will end up being higher when this is over and we know more.
Just was informed of my nextdoor neighbor who has the Covid 19, my neighbor works at a hospital. His wife is retired and is always out wearing no PPE, she has the virus. He was told not to return to work for a least two weeks. I will keep my distance and I informed most of my other neighbors. Be SAFE

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Just was informed of my nextdoor neighbor who has the Covid 19, my neighbor works at a hospital. His wife is retired and is always out wearing no PPE, she has the virus. He was told not to return to work for a least two weeks. I will keep my distance and I informed most of my other neighbors. Be SAFE
Just wanted everyone to know how important it is to wear PPE when you leave your house. About my neighbor who is supposed to self quarantine for two week because of his wife having Covid 19, I seen him leaving his house twice today. Was not wearing any PPE, so you would thing he would take every precaution not to spread it but I guess he just dont care. So be careful and take every precaution to protect youself. If he wants to keep going out, maybe I should inform the Heath Dept. I'm sure they will give him a ride.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I may have found something to occupy my time. There's a place called Yellow River Game Ranch by my house. It's kind of like a miniature zoo. It's not open now but I went down there and talked to someone about possibly volunteering there. Waiting to hear back from the owner.

Last edited:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Just wanted everyone to know how important it is to wear PPE when you leave your house. About my neighbor who is supposed to self quarantine for two week because of his wife having Covid 19, I seen him leaving his house twice today. Was not wearing any PPE, so you would thing he would take every precaution not to spread it but I guess he just dont care. So be careful and take every precaution to protect youself. If he wants to keep going out, maybe I should inform the Heath Dept. I'm sure they will give him a ride.
What the hell is PPE???When i go out I wear an N95 mask and carry hand sanitizer...I only go out once a week for supplies...I come in close contact with no one...it's more fun to stay home around my animals then go to town to the hoarding and tension....home is more fun for me..
well, obviously I can't copy a link...sorry

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I may have found something to occupy my time. There's a place called Yellow River Game Ranch by my house. It's kind of like a miniature zoo. It's not open now but I went down there and talked to someone about possibly volunteering there. Waiting to hear back from the owner.
A couple of years ago I volunteered at the local wildlife rescue...and it was just more fun! Animals we don't get to see close up normally....I really enjoyed it...I bet you will as well....

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I train animals for film. All animals. I do several big cat jobs a year, and frequently visit the compounds of friends who have them. I'm not really one of the "big cat guys", but I've raised a few from babies, and been around them for years. I always had a preference for the apes and monkeys.
wow that jan amazing, is there a certain name for that Job?

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've had chicken pox 3 times now. The second time I got it the doctor said I must have been misdiagnosed the first time. So I went back the third time and he said, "Ok, this changes things." Apparently I will never develop an immunity to chicken pox, always need to be careful around it, and especially need to be careful of shingles. He strongly recommended the shingles vaccine for me. I still haven't done it, but it's something I think about.

Virus' have the ability to change their protein coats, especially vaccine variety virus' like chickenpox. The second and third time you developed chickenpox it was most likely following an exposure to someone who had been vaccinated for chickenpox. Different Vaccine manufacturers make slightly different vaccines for "patent" purposes. They are not all exactly the same and the immune response they give an individual wanes over time and boosters must be provided. Another situation whereby an individual can develop a viral disease more than once, is following an immune suppression situation, like being placed on steroids, for instance. Steroids basically shut down the immune system leaving an individual at risk for even dying from a cold. As long as you have a robust immune system you will now be protected for all three versions of the Chickenpox you developed. Should you ever have another outbreak make sure the lab finds out "which" version you just had. Was it "wild" chickenpox or a "vaccine variety" and which one. When given a vaccine for any virus, if it is working in that individual, they will very likely be slightly contagious for a period of time. The vaccine industry believes this helps to keep antibodies high in the population in general, but it all falls apart should someone exposed be immune compromised for any reason. It also will only boost those individuals who had made antibodies to that exact antigen. An example is the Tetanus shot. It is nearly impossible to find the Tetanus shot as an individual vaccine. It is now usually only found with the Pertusis vaccine. The individual given this vaccine will usually shed Pertusis for 8-10 days. Many of the little "epidemics" we experience, like the Measles outbreak at Disneyland (CA), happened as a result of mass vaccination campaign of a part of the population. Which is what happened at Disneyland. The cases were traced back and determined to be a "Measles Vaccine" variety given to a group of staff working at Disneyland. Vaccination is not perfect.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Anyone having issues finding supplies, I recommend looking for your local hippie organic grocery store. The kind you find around college campuses. I popped into one over the weekend and they had EVERYTHING that Walmart and Amazon are sold out on! TP, bottles of hand sanitizer (aloe and alcohol), etc. Not my usual place to go... it was interesting... but long story short, I got everything I needed in one spot and it only cost a few dollars more than the regular grocery stores.

KronksMom

Illinois
Virus' have the ability to change their protein coats, especially vaccine variety virus' like chickenpox. The second and third time you developed chickenpox it was most likely following an exposure to someone who had been vaccinated for chickenpox. Different Vaccine manufacturers make slightly different vaccines for "patent" purposes. They are not all exactly the same and the immune response they give an individual wanes over time and boosters must be provided. Another situation whereby an individual can develop a viral disease more than once, is following an immune suppression situation, like being placed on steroids, for instance. Steroids basically shut down the immune system leaving an individual at risk for even dying from a cold. As long as you have a robust immune system you will now be protected for all three versions of the Chickenpox you developed. Should you ever have another outbreak make sure the lab finds out "which" version you just had. Was it "wild" chickenpox or a "vaccine variety" and which one.

The first time I got chicken pox, I was 2 years old. Around the year 2000 (14 years old), I was working at a daycare. All the kids got sick, but I didn't think it was a big deal, because my mom said I'd had it already. Then, a few months later, another batch of kids got sick. None of the ones who had had it the first time got sick the second time, except for me. I was just a kid then myself, so I don't know if parents were really vaccinating their kids, but I don't remember it being anywhere near as prevalent as it is today. Since then, I've just treated chicken pox like the plague. But, at 34, I can tell you that my immune system is definitely not robust.