vet sexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

reece697

5 Year Member
hi guys some confusion as of the sex of my tortoise can a vet give a 100 percent result of the sex of the tortoise

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
reece697 said:
hi guys some confusion as of the sex of my tortoise can a vet give a 100 percent result of the sex of the tortoise

That would depend on many different things.

What species?
Is sex going to be determined visually only?
Is sex going to be determined surgically? if the vet is experienced with laparoscopy, then sex can be determined 100%.....

My advice, as a veterinarian, post pics here and let the TF members give it a go, you won't find a better crew than this.

doc

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
exoticsdr said:
reece697 said:

That would depend on many different things.

What species?
Is sex going to be determined visually only?
Is sex going to be determined surgically? if the vet is experienced with laparoscopy, then sex can be determined 100%.....

My advice, as a veterinarian, post pics here and let the TF members give it a go, you won't find a better crew than this.

doc

:)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
A knowledgable vet can either by probe and/or X-ray. You're going to pay dearly for it. What species and age (size) of tortoise? If you post some photos of the plastron with a clear view of the tail region someone here may be able to tell for you.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
GBtortoises said:
A knowledgable vet can either by probe and/or X-ray. You're going to pay dearly for it. What species and age (size) of tortoise? If you post some photos of the plastron with a clear view of the tail region someone here may be able to tell for you.

And we can do it for free, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.