Vet review section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy's_homeboy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SE Wisconsin
Please forgive me if this has been suggested before, but I was wondering whether anybody else thinks a vet review section (perhaps even a subforum in the Vet list section of the forum) could be a helpful tool? I've read countless posts from members who have had either terrible or spectacular experiences with vets, and with the addition of a review section these experiences could be brought to others' attention in one convenient section. Obviously contributors should avoid anything harsh or slanderous, instead giving an honest, straight-forward review. Any thoughts?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not a fan of that. It would be too easy to harm a vet's reputation because someone wasn't happy with the treatment they received. Medicine isn't an exact science. During the diagnosis portion there is quite a bit of guessing and trying to match up the symptoms with what the vet knows. Its not always easy to get it right the first time. And the customer has such a deep love for his animal, that if the vet does something wrong or the outcome isn't what they expected, ...I don't know. It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

What I will do, though, is remove a vet from our list if members tells me of their bad experience with them.

Leroy's_homeboy

5 Year Member
SE Wisconsin
Wow, that was a swift reply! :) The thought of wrongfully giving a vet a bad reputation was my one holdup with the idea as well. Maybe something like a Vet recommendation section would be a little more appropriate. If somebody happened to visit a great, knowledgeable vet within a few hours drive of where I live I'd be more than happy to make the trip to visit them.

I respect any and all moderator and member's thoughts on this idea, and if any of my suggestions are potentially problematic please don't hesitate to point them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.