Very Late Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I just realized that I never did an Introduction for myself back when I started the forum so here if goes.
My name is Rebecca I am nineteen years old, I live right outside of Dallas, Texas. I started out with just Gupta the Sulcata back in September and since then I have added three Ibera Greeks, two more Sulcatas, and then just recently Fluffy the older Sulcata.
I am currently in my third year of college. This is my last year too which I am very excited about. This December and through the Spring of next year I will be applying to Dental Hygiene school to get my Bachelors in Dental Hygiene..was planning to be a dentist but I can't go through seven more years of school :/
I also have two dogs. One is a black three year old Shar Pei named Brinn that I have had since I was 16 years old and she was just a little bitty 8 week old ball of wrinkles (if you are wondering where the Brinn in my user name comes from that is where) and the other is a hairless Chihuahua named Milo who is one year old that I have had also since he was itty bitty.
and I love the TV show The Office. I have seen every single episode probably two times and own every season.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
And a very late Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!! :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WELCOME:D. Love your taste in the breed of dog, Shar-Pei. I used to raise and show them many years ago. I don't have any at this time, but will again.. The perfect breed of dog in my eyes and heart. Not to sound like a mother, even though I am one and old enough to be yours, but you should stay in school, your only 19. Just think of all the torts and other animals and the property you could buy them on a Dentists salary:D. Anyway, have enjoyed the post with getting fluffy, love the name. Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of Brinn either.:)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
:):):)

What made you want to be a dentist Dental Hygienist?

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
:):):)

What made you want to be a dentist Dental Hygienist?

Well I knew that I was going to have to do something in the science field..I can't do business related things, I am not that good with people lol and I hated Economics in college so that was kinda a big clue to me that business was not the way to go. I can't stand English classes either, how people just come to these insane deep means to like Alice and Wonderland or something..Also English is kinda a joke to me because there is no real right answer but so many wrong ones lol I have always been really good at sciences (math, biology, chemistry) I know I couldn't be a chemist though even though I love chemistry because it means I would have to live in the city. I can't be in the Medical field, my mom is a nurse and hearing about what she has to do is enough to make me vomit. (Another reason why I though it was better to be just a Dental Hygienist and not a Dentist)
I picked dental hygiene because I could finish fast and wouldn't own 120,000 dollars in student loans after wards.. Plus I can live in the country and all I have to do is make small talk with the patients about their lives and such.
Just practical reasons, knew what I couldn't do and what I could do and where I wanted to generally live when I was older.
Dental hygienist make good money too , especially since I will have a bachelor instead of an associates and probably will continue my education to Masters

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
wellington said:
WELCOME:D. Love your taste in the breed of dog, Shar-Pei. I used to raise and show them many years ago. I don't have any at this time, but will again.. The perfect breed of dog in my eyes and heart. Not to sound like a mother, even though I am one and old enough to be yours, but you should stay in school, your only 19. Just think of all the torts and other animals and the property you could buy them on a Dentists salary:D. Anyway, have enjoyed the post with getting fluffy, love the name. Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of Brinn either.:)

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Brinn
IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

I would stay in school but I don't wanna have 120,000 dollars of dental school loans to pay..That would take forever and its not worth it to me. There are lots of other reasons too

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Belated welcome to the forum! ;) :D

I have a Shar Pei as well. Lilly is 7 and I have had her since she was a 7 week old little wrinkly piglet, lol. Nothing cuter than a Shar Pei puppy! She is fawn colored.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
heheheeh for some reason I always thought your nickname was Brinn... couldn't figure out how it "meshed" with Rebecca... But Zamric doesn't "mesh" well with David so who am I to talk?

any how...

Welcome to the Forum Rebecca!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Zamric said:
heheheeh for some reason I always thought your nickname was Brinn... couldn't figure out how it "meshed" with Rebecca... But Zamric doesn't "mesh" well with David so who am I to talk?

Lurk more :p

And just because it was before you joined is no excuse. :)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
Zamric said:
for some reason I always thought your nickname was Brinn... couldn't figure out how it "meshed" with Rebecca... But Zamric doesn't "mesh" well with David so who am I to talk?

Lurk more :p

And just because it was before you joined is no excuse. :)

Hehe i like that lol Lurk More

Kristina said:
Belated welcome to the forum! ;) :D

I have a Shar Pei as well. Lilly is 7 and I have had her since she was a 7 week old little wrinkly piglet, lol. Nothing cuter than a Shar Pei puppy! She is fawn colored.

Omg I love fawn colored ones and the really light gray colored ones :) do u have pictures ?

bubbles01 said:
Brinn is delicious... I just want to grab those wrinkles and snuzzle him!

Thats how my dad plays with her , she loves it !

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Sorry, I didn't Lurk very long when I found this place, I was so excited to find a forum with other Sulcata owners it's not funny!... I cant help it she found it 10 days before me! and from the same area even! ;)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
Sorry, I didn't Lurk very long when I found this place, I was so excited to find a forum with other Sulcata owners it's not funny!... I cant help it she found it 10 days before me! and from the same area even! ;)

I'm a serious Luker , always lurking on posts and reading like everything !! It's kinda freaky when people are posting questions on someone else's thread and I answer them lol it's because I lurked on the other ones and they didn't.
I did that with Brittany6 and her thread about her sulcata and his shell injury. I have been following that one very very closely

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I too have been following Brittany6's injured sully! I don't know how I missed the beginnig of it, because I try to follow all sully threads and most of the redfoot and diet threads(mostly lurk those last two) but my heart goes out to the little guy and Brittany6! Waiting is the hardest part when you know someone/thing you love is in pain, but the little guy has a good chance to pull thru and he'll be stronger for it!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
I too have been following Brittany6's injured sully! I don't know how I missed the beginnig of it, because I try to follow all sully threads and most of the redfoot and diet threads(mostly lurk those last two) but my heart goes out to the little guy and Brittany6! Waiting is the hardest part when you know someone/thing you love is in pain, but the little guy has a good chance to pull thru and he'll be stronger for it!

I actually just bought myself a red foot :) It has too cute little split scutes

BrinnANDGupta said:
Zamric said:

I actually just bought myself a red foot :) It has too cute little split scutes

I've decided to name her Rose ! I bought a very unusually split scute leopard tortoise with Rose. Unnamed but leaning towards leonardo

Status
Not open for further replies.