Urine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainfalt

5 Year Member
I'm wondering if this is normal. When Tank pees it sometimes looks like this on the grass. He has left two piles of urate since I've had him, for about a month and a half. I've only seen him pee one other time and the urine was whitish but did not leave this pile. He has been drinking regularly and Isochem about twice a week. He is eight years old and about 27 pounds if that matters. ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366481019.899326.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366481003.323494.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366481003.323494.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

Urates are normal in captive Sulcata. In the wild they never knew when their next drink was coming so their kidneys collected as much moisture as they could from the urine leaving the urates. If your tort is drinking enough I wouldn't worry too much about it. The urates should be creamy and slimy, on the other hand my 130 pound Sulcata does drink every day but he passes a ton of gritty feeling urates, and that's not real good. But every day he empties a large dog bowl of water so I try not to worry.
I have included a picture of Bob's urates next to a shaker of TNT so you can see how big a pile of urates he can put out.

28h0tg8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.