URGENT HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattkearley

5 Year Member
ill keep ringing around his popping his head out a little bit and opening his eyes. i think his a bit destressed i can only get through to a animal vet not a reptal vet thats what the animal vet said you need thanks for all your replys i keep phoning and ill keep you all updated. thank pips

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
Sorry you are going thru this, it's not easy. Keep on the Vet, tell them how important it is and don't let the prolapse dry out. Keep it moist if you can. I hope your little guy makes it.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
so he is pooping shavings?
What kind were they?
Pine? Cedar ?

any chance any of the weeds he got fed were sprayed with a weed killer?
Do you have a grocery store that sells fresh lettuce greens? Spring Mix?

mattkearley

5 Year Member
his moving a little bit now his started walking little only turned him self around theres a bit of sugar in his bed what would happen if he was to eat sugar i cant wash it out because he need sugar for the swelling?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
dont worry about him eating the sugar at this point. least of your worries..
if you can avoid it great.. maybe clean the area he is in and start fresh.
make sure his water soak doesnt get chilled..

mattkearley

5 Year Member
ok thankyou all so much, i have to sleep now because i live in england, its 2 am hereso, will have to wait and see till morning, then will call the vet, but hopefully he will show signs of improvement, his prolapse has got abit better, but he still is just very lethargic, i will let you all know in the morning, thank you all again. hope he gets better.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Keep the tortoise in a little bit of water so the "red blob" doesn't dry out.

mattkearley

5 Year Member
Woke up this morning and soaked him for 20 mins and he had alot to drink, cant believe it hes now walking around, and fast aswell, i didnt really see him making it through the night but hes got so much better, i cant see any other explanation than poison, but i gues it could of been that he was distressed from trying to push out wood shavings through his bum, but its back in now and normal, he hasnt eaten yet though and im just counting down the hours, but really everything else seems fine, thanks for all your concerns, i will keep you posted.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
Wow!! what a turn around!!! hopefully the worst is behind you..... Great job TFO members!!

Torts are very resilient...... my sulcata got out one summer day and was lost for about 4 hours in my neighborhood... (son left door open) when we found him he was just roaming around eating, the next day he was sick...very sick.....didn't move at all, would not eat anything (VERY unusual) but I just kept him warm and he kicked it in about 36 hours... I'm pretty sure he ate either some noxtious weeds or some pesticide laiden veggies from my neighbors garden......I will never know but he has been fine ever since, They are survivors, thankfully :tort:

mattkearley

5 Year Member
cant beleave how much better he is he has eaten 5 big weeds leaf, i would never of thought that if you seen him last night i thought he was a gonna. I just like to thank everyone for there advise and help.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That is wonderful news! I am so relieved! People may disagree but I still think your little guy needs to go to the vet. I have less expertise to fall back on so I rely heavily on my vet as well as this forum. Between those two great resources I have avoided some pretty costly mistakes. fingers crossed that he/she just continues to get better!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
if you can get pumpkin.. canned with no pie spice, that would be good to try to get him to eat.
glad to hear he was much better today.
keep us posted!

mattkearley

5 Year Member
yes sorry. hes fine eating, pooping, back to normal its hat to be him eating them wood shavings must have been toxic. He like bran new now thanks again for every ones help ill post some pics when my freind pops round the weekend and show me how to do it ,

Status
Not open for further replies.