!!URGENT HELP ASAP!!! (this is an old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Can anyone help please!
Yes hes only a gold fish but we wont him at a fair 4 years ago!
3/4 days ago he had a lump on his bum/poo area and its got bigger! Today hes at the bottom of the tank moving his gills but this lump is weighing him down not allowing him to swim to the top,,, no pics as cant get a good 1 but also hes really sick and cannot move!?!? Do we hav a way of removing this lump? Cancer? Any help appreciated !!! Hes trying to swim but its weighing him down : (

Thnaks in advane! Hopes hes ok in the morn x

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
RE: !!URGENT HELP ASAP!!!

i keep lots of goldfish. usually any "lumps" i get in my goldfish are from bloating and constipation. it affects their swimming and can sometimes make them wobble but i have never had one sink to the bottom.. i usually feed them some peas and most of the time they pass a big "you know what" and end up ok. a few i have lost.

a picture really makes a huge difference in the type of help you can get. your lump may be nothing at all like the lump i am referring to....but im suggesting it because i have found it to be common in goldfish.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK

We have fed some peas but hes not ate them yet! Thanks for your info .. Cant get a pic as he is sunk to bottom on the lump! Hes never been sick non of our other 2 fish are sick so maybe he is bloated? How does the pea process work? Lots or small amout? Whole or mushed? Thank u so much x

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota

Sorry for your loss

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!

I'm sorry! Even if its just a fish of your an animal lover like I am it's sad to lose the smallest of pets but to me all animals matter!

turtlelubber

5 Year Member

I am soo sorry for your loss!! If it helps, my Russian tortoise, Tally, died yesterday.:( he lived a good 98 years though first with my neighbor (who died) and then with me.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York

I'm sorry for both of your losses. I understand about the goldfish. We had one for 7 years in a tank, and then we put her in our pond, and she died. We thought we were doing a good thing for her. Godfish make wonderful pets too.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
!!URGENT HELP ASAP!!!

turtlelubber said:
I am soo sorry for your loss!! If it helps, my Russian tortoise, Tally, died yesterday.:( he lived a good 98 years though first with my neighbor (who died) and then with me.

OMG I'm sorry but I couldn't help it notice your tort lived to be 98?!? I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lots bearded dragons due to different and unknown reasons and I'm determined for my torts to live a long and happily life!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL

Usually with bloat you do a short 10 sec rinse in a salt water tub and they usually come around

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts

I lost a goldfish I'd won at the fair after having him almost 2 years, it was some sort of fungus that no medication or hope was helping, I was devastated by the loss, I know how it feels and you had yours for twice as long, I my Russian tortoise for about a month when this happened (ironically my main reason for wanting a tortoise was because many of my goldfish's tank mates had quick passings and I wanted a pet that I could grow attached to and have a long life ahead of us.

The most important thing I've learned to take out of a fish death is to learn from it, I've learned how to treat many things and to always have things on hand in case anything pops up, and clean clean clean I learned the hard way that goldfish are dumpsters and need so much cleaning now keeping only betas comes as a surprise when I clean them and not much comes up.

Once again sorry for your loss. 🐙 (The emoticon keyboard had no goldfish so I give you this octopus/squid instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.