Updated photos of my shelled monsters

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
Haven't been on the forum much lately, work has been taking up ALL of my time. In any event, I wanted to post some updated info on my Leo's. As most everyone knows, I have 2 sibling Leopards that were hatched August of last year. When I got them, they were both about 30 grams. I made some mistakes in their care early on and both had a bout of respiratory issues. I had doubts initially if they would pull through or ever start putting on weight. I was grateful to find this forum and the information I learned and the help I got from the people here when I joined no doubt saved my tort's lives.

On to the fun stuff, I've had my torts almost exactly one year now. They have gone from tiny (30 grams) to 301 grams and 457 grams. I am totally blown away by their growth, particularly the bigger one. He has gotten so huge that he is outgrowing everything...his enclosure, his hide, his food dish, soaking tub...everything. And the smaller one isn't far behind. I am already thinking about how I can safely house them in my backyard during the day come spring/summer. I have included some updated pictures..the larger tort is the one pooping (sorry for that). These photos are from their morning soak today.
IMG_2432.JPG IMG_2433.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
They're both very pretty. I love how they change as they grow. Looking good!