update sinyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinyo

5 Year Member
its been a month since i kept sinyo as my 1st tort
he's so adorable and a truly active baby :)
i'm going to find a friend for him, another adorable baby sully, wish me luck :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20130625_165511.jpg
    20130625_165511.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20130625_165940.jpg
    20130625_165940.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20130625_170410.jpg
    20130625_170410.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20130625_170147.jpg
    20130625_170147.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
such a beautiful shell!!! He/she is adorable! first tort and a sulcata... hope you dont get overwhelmed when they get bigger... ^_^ best of luck!

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If you're planning on getting another sulcata plan on having two separate enclosures. Tortoises do not play well with others. You may get away with it for a bit while they are still hatchlings but it won't be long before they decide they do not want to share their space or food. You don't want to come home and find one injured or even worse dead. Cute tort though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you are thinking that Sinyo needs a friend, you are mistaken. Tortoises are solitary creatures. They live alone in the wild, and fight when they come upon another tortoise in their territory (unless its for breeding). Sinyo wants to be an only tortoise, that way he doesn't have to compete for the best hiding place for for the food. Tortoises don't get "lonely" for other tortoises.

Sinyo

5 Year Member
Jlant85 said:
such a beautiful shell!!! He/she is adorable! first tort and a sulcata... hope you dont get overwhelmed when they get bigger... ^_^ best of luck!

thank you :)
right now i'm following what Tom said on his thread to keep our sully's shell grow smooth.
can't wait to see him get bigger with smooth shell.

tiff3grl said:
If you're planning on getting another sulcata plan on having two separate enclosures. Tortoises do not play well with others. You may get away with it for a bit while they are still hatchlings but it won't be long before they decide they do not want to share their space or food. You don't want to come home and find one injured or even worse dead. Cute tort though.
Yvonne G said:
If you are thinking that Sinyo needs a friend, you are mistaken. Tortoises are solitary creatures. They live alone in the wild, and fight when they come upon another tortoise in their territory (unless its for breeding). Sinyo wants to be an only tortoise, that way he doesn't have to compete for the best hiding place for for the food. Tortoises don't get "lonely" for other tortoises.

wow thank you for your info guys
yeah i thought Sinyo need a friend since i saw him sleep a lot and looks so lonely.
maybe i should think twice before getting another sully

Status
Not open for further replies.