5-6 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
I received my adorable little guy when he was a baby so he was maybe a month or two and that was December 3rd. He is doing great. He eats like crazy and today he weighed in at 205 grams. He was about 35 grams when we first got him. I thought he had a ri in January but it turned out to be nothing. Anyway just wanted to update and show some pictures of how handsome he is. He has also gotten a lot darker from when we first got him. He was really light.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 142

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
RE: 5-6 months ols

He's looking really great! Beautiful baby you have there. Keep us updated on his progress.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Nice. Growing up beautifully.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member

sibi said:
He's looking really great! Beautiful baby you have there. Keep us updated on his progress.

Thanks :) I will definitely keep everyone updated. He is my little baby.

Tom said:
Nice. Growing up beautifully.

Definitely have to give thanks to you and all your advice. You definitely helped me out the first couple of months with answering any questions and helping me to take care of him better :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA

does he get sun?> sometimes they are darker when they aren't in the sunshine...

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member

Laura said:
does he get sun?> sometimes they are darker when they aren't in the sunshine...

Well I got him in December and the weather has not been very warm until the last couple of days. So no not any sun. He does have the UVB bulb. Now that it is getting warmer he will be out more often. I don't mind his color, and I have read that it might just be genetics.

tortoise007 said:
Awww! He's very smooth! Well done!

Thank you :)

lkwagner

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365285469.796660.jpg
Yeah what is that bump?

Last edited by a moderator:

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member

tortoise007 said:
Awww! He's very smooth! Well done!

Thanks :) Ever since I bought him I worried about pyramiding. Thankfully none so far. So hopefully he won't have any. I try to keep his enclosure moist.

lkwagner said:
Yeah what is that bump?

Honestly I don't think it is anything but part of his head. I think in the picture it makes it seem really big because that part of his head is a little lighter. In person you can barely feel anything. I think it is just the way his head is.

SmileyKylie623 said:
Beautiful color!!! Soo light! :D

Thank you :) He was so much lighter when I first got him. Some people say they get dark from lack of sun and I guess that could be it since it has been to cold to go out. I worry he will get an RI. Or it could just be genetics, either way he is handsome :)

EllieN said:
Cutie pie! Is that a little lump on the top of his head?

I noticed it in the picture as well but I think its the lighting. That part of his head is a little lighter than the rest and with the flash it makes it look really big but in person you can barely feel something raised. I think it is just the natural structure of his head. I have seen others where it is slightly raised in that spot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.