update on old man humphry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Ok so we are now day 3 after abcsess cleared....he is eating and seems overall in good spirit:D. I was initially concerned when I picked Humphry up from vet after procedure done because there still seemed to be a residual bump (I am hoping because the lump was so large the skin was stretched?) but the tech said that was normal because of inflamation as well as skin was stretched so much because of the lump....well I have been soaking in warm water each am then after, I put pressure around area of suture to get anything trying to build up out and then flush the suture and then pat him dry and back under the heat/uv lights....this am I let him sun inside while he ate...I am going to go by the vets office to have him take a peek to make sure all looks like it should...I have a before/after photo here.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Looks a lot better and it could just be swelling from the procedure that will slowly decrease in time..

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm glad he's doing well. Poor guy probably feels a ton better already. I'd venture to guess that he still have some swelling from the surgery itself and it will go away completely in time.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks :D and I am hoping too the affected area will heal nice and snugged up.....btw it was so much easier on Humphry (and me) to have my son hold him while we did his antibiotic injection last night than alone the night before....we "snuck up" on him so to speak...he barely had time to flinch by the time we were done...much less stress for him.....I just love this old man (my son is pretty rockin too) :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Angela:

Poor Humphrey. That was a HUGE abscess! I'll bet he's pretty relieved to have it gone.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Interesting I have ever seen one on a desert tortoise before, I am sure he is relieved to be rid of it, I am sure they are painful and uncomfortable. He is looking good now.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Our best guess is 30-40 years old. Since we don't know if he ever enjoyed the wildlife or not there is really to way to know...you could say he is a man of mystery..

Thank you all for your care and concern....if Humph only knew..he would walk up to each of you and lay his head on your soul and take a much loved rest....

Status
Not open for further replies.