update on my tortoise's growth

tortoise_man2

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399904810.169439.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399904820.969369.jpg
She is 4 3/4 inches long, almost an inch bigger then when i bought her!!!
Most of her growth has come in the past 2 or so months. It was uneven at first but it is smoothing out.

My only concern is the scutes on the left and right of the anal scute. The seam to be curving upward... Here is a picture...
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399905253.002597.jpg
Thanks for the help in advance...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Not uncommon in a captive tortoise...I have often wondered? If it is due to the captive tortoise not having nearly the same amount of exercise as a wild tortoise counterpart???/ I am not saying that is what it is, just simply something that I speculate....it does not seem uncommon in captive torts....and alone, I would not be too freaked out about it...what size of walking area does this tort have?

tortoise_man2

My tortoise doesn't have a lot of room right now but we are going to build a larger tortoise table soon...

Thanks for the reply

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
That 'swoop' curve of the scutes at the edge is nothing of concern. I've seen it both in captive-bred and in wild-caught tortoises, and both on indoor-tortoises and outdoor tortoises. :) It's a normal variation of a healthy shell.