Update on Chomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I know this is very overdue! I've been working a lot lately (at home and work.)
Built a pen in the back yard for the dogs so Chomper can go out in peace and so I don't have to worry about any "accidents" that could happen should the dogs get out while Chomper's in the yard. Plus I've been getting a garden together (this one is for me, his is the next project)

But on to the important thing, CHOMPER! Chomper has been growing like a weed lately. He's about 3.5-4" long now. Not sure on a weight, but I'm hoping to grab that and an exact measurement on him tomorrow after work. He's going outside almost every day to munch on grass and dandelions. He's also getting used to seeing me alot. He's not hiding in his shell as much when I pass his tank or pass him in the yard.
I'm hoping to start him a garden of his own in the next week or two so I don't have to keep buying lettuce and stuff for him, which isn't even that good for him! Any suggestions on stuff to plant would be great as I am still kinda new to the tortoise world! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Chomper 4.jpg
    Chomper 4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 173

Urtle

5 Year Member
Good idea about the pen. Looking forward to seeing his measurements. Shoot them over :p

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
What you can plant depends on where you are located . It’s probably too late to plant lettuce. You could plant optima, hibiscus, or grass/weeds. Theres plenty of other options but those are some ideas.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi. Sulcatas love dandelions and weeds. The hibiscus and grass were mentioned, but they love to eat turnips, collard greens, and kale. A word of caution: if you decide to plant greens, I would keep your lil guy away from your garden or he will destroy it before it even yields it first growth. What you can do is make a barrier so that you'll be able to give him some fresh, organic greens. Next, you can plant and dandelions so they have things to graze on in the yard. Do NOT plant of feed him lettuce. It has no nutritional value for him. Instead, you can plant spring mix give him a variety of weeds, grasses, and the plants mentioned. Rose petals with their leaves are good, as well as cactus (without the thorns) plants are also their favorites. Online, as well as here, you can search for various weeds and plants to feed sullies. Best to you.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone! Sorry for the late response, I've been really busy lately. I just took chomper's measurements.
Weight: 6 oz
Length: 4 in.
Width: 3 in.
He has grown so much in the short time I have had him. And I hope to watch him grow for years to come. I remember when he was so tiny that I couldn't take my eyes off him in the yard or he would get lost. Now I can leave him alone for several minutes (while still outside with him) and I can find him no problem.

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
syracuse new york
omgdoubletacos said:
Thanks everyone! Sorry for the late response, I've been really busy lately. I just took chomper's measurements.
Weight: 6 oz
Length: 4 in.
Width: 3 in.
He has grown so much in the short time I have had him. And I hope to watch him grow for years to come. I remember when he was so tiny that I couldn't take my eyes off him in the yard or he would get lost. Now I can leave him alone for several minutes (while still outside with him) and I can find him no problem.

hey I would really try to soak him everyday for at least 10 min to stop the pyramiding that is starting to happen. just a little suggestion but he is super cute:)

Status
Not open for further replies.