Enclosure upgrade for Chomper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I have had Chomper for almost 2 months and he is growing very quickly! When I purchased him he came with a 20 gal long tank. I am working on upgrading him to a large plastic tub. Once I get a little further I'm hoping to upload a few pics and get any constructive criticism from those of you who are well knowledged with these little (soon to be huge) torts.

As I have it set up right now it's a plastic tub about 2.5-3 feet long and about a foot wide. I have a fairly thick layer of Eco earth (closest thing to coco coir I could find) in the bottom as substrate. I also have a medium sized dish tub as a humid hide, with some of the coco coir in, on, and surrounding the sides. I have placed a piece of slate rock in the substrate to serve as a basking spot.

If anyone can think of anything to correct so far, please let me know! Thank you!

I forgot to mention that Chomper was born in July!

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Thanks, I've got to go pick up a few things before I can continue working on it. Do you have any suggestions on what I should use to cover it?

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Finished Chompers enclosure! Also went ahead and made a winter tub for my box turtle. I'll post pictures tomorrow

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Heres a few pics of the enclosure. I still need to cover the top and install some thermometers. But he seems to love it. He spent about 2 hours exploring it when I put him in and he was asleep in his hide when I woke up this morning.

See if thi

View attachment 33628

s works

Picture

Attachments

• image-2428529742.png
    image-2428529742.png
    801.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image-2493445665.png
    image-2493445665.png
    924.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image-4032302051.png
    image-4032302051.png
    801.7 KB · Views: 28

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Looks good! it wont be long till you have to break out the Hammer and nails to build a enclosure to get him thru the next Winter! It will probably have to be AT LEAST 4 times that size...

I LOVE SULCATAS! :p

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Lol yea, I know! He's growing so much faster than I expected. He was in a 20 gallon tank when I got him. It's been just short of 2 months and he's in a 50 gal tub. I kind of can't wait for I'm to grow though. I love large animals. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.