Update 2 on Bob

M

Maggie Cummings

We did an ultra sound Friday. It reads that he has a large mass pressing against his urethra. If it's not removed he'll die. There's no more to say....or yes there is....I can't stand it.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I am so sorry Maggie. Set up a go fund me account. I will donate. It cost me a bit over $1000. To have Scarlett's broken eggs removed by surgery.
She has fully recovered and is doing great.

M

Maggie Cummings

It's a large mass in his body cavity. She's trying to find someone now who can do the surgery. She's calling UC Davis. Guess I'll rent a u-haul trailer for Bob and hope my old tires make it.

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Uc Davis is great. I have had success with them over the years. Prayers are with Bob and you for a speedy recovery.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm so sorry Maggie. They don't know what it is exactly? Is it something they can do a biopsy of? Maybe they could do some sort of laparoscopically, that would be less traumatic to him. You know, kind of like when they take somebody's gallbladder or appendix out. It is amazing what they can take out without making a huge incision. Maybe they can just take the fluid out of it. I'm sure the vets are looking at all the options. I think the go fund me account idea is a great one.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry Maggie. Our thoughts are with you and Bob. Hope all goes well. Please keep us updated.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
So Sorry Maggie. Poor Bob. But drive Bob to Davis? Are you sure?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It's a large mass in his body cavity. She's trying to find someone now who can do the surgery. She's calling UC Davis. Guess I'll rent a u-haul trailer for Bob and hope my old tires make it.
Maggie, sorry I didn't call. Bit frantic here. To answer your question though, no they don't do them at the clinic. A gal I work with suggested Newburg clinic. She “thinks " they do exotics there. Tomorrow I might find out who the clinic refers out to I've no input on when if hear that if you know what I mean. Nothing from OSU? They can't help?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man o man Maggie that sucks . I hope everything turns out OK . If I lived closer I would take you guys to the vet .