Underground Reptiles info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Has anyone here ever had dealings with Underground Reptiles (DEERFIELD BEACH, FL)? Appreciate any info y'all can share, pro or con.

Thanks in advance!

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
Terry,
Ryan B. is a decent guy to talk with. They do alot of business and always seemed hurried. I had an order mix up on some turtles. I called to speak with the owner, left a message and never got a call back. They finally made it right but I had to pester them. I am sure they get it right 99%of the time but I have no desire to buy there again.
-my $.02

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Thanks for the feedback...seems he may have some issues w/ returning calls, judging from a few messages he has @ FaunaClassifieds.com!

Still trying to figure how to access FaunaClassified's BOI...seem to have a feedback system like Ebay, but getting the feedback on an individual is a challenge!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I know they recently moved their entire store, that may explain the lack of response. They have nice animals and have always provided good service. Take it for what it is worth, I am local so I don't have to deal with them online too much but in person they seem like good people.

Allegra

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
You just click on the user name, and select view public profile. At the top of the page near their user name it will show the trader rating. Click the actual number itself, and this page comes up -

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/traderratings.php?u=70907

They only have one trader rating, honestly the threads on the BOI are more useful than trader rating anyway.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
kyryah said:
You just click on the user name, and select view public profile. At the top of the page near their user name it will show the trader rating. Click the actual number itself, and this page comes up -

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/traderratings.php?u=70907

They only have one trader rating, honestly the threads on the BOI are more useful than trader rating anyway.
Len said:
You can also do a search and bring up all the post there are 44 listed for underground all the way back to 2002

Yeah, I checked that...and, after spending a couple of hours trying to get through one of the least user-friendly sites I've ever run across, I kept getting this message: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : UndergroundReptiles

So I sent a message to Rich Z (webmaster@faunaclassifieds), asking how to get the info I'm interested in...he thoughtfully sent back a message about how he's too busy to help answer such simple questions.

Nice to see that good manners still exist.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
This ought to be a fauna search for the company.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1254703

If that doesn't work, just click the BOI link, click on "search this forum", then enter "underground" into the query box. It looks like there are about 20-25 relevant threads about them, both good and bad. I have never personally dealt with the company, though, so I can't offer any better feedback.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
chairman said:
This ought to be a fauna search for the company.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1254703

If that doesn't work, just click the BOI link, click on "search this forum", then enter "underground" into the query box. It looks like there are about 20-25 relevant threads about them, both good and bad. I have never personally dealt with the company, though, so I can't offer any better feedback.

Would go check that out, but Rich Z (webmaster@faunaclassifieds) just sent me this: You have been banned for the following reason:
Antagonistic emails

Date the ban will be lifted: No posts

Apparently, replying to his email a short while ago was "antagonistic"...

I do appreciate the help offered, chairman.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry Allan Hall said:
Would go check that out, but Rich Z (webmaster@faunaclassifieds) just sent me this: You have been banned for the following reason:
Antagonistic emails

Shame on you, you bad, bad man!!! :p

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
emysemys said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Antagonistic emails

Shame on you, you bad, bad man!!! :p

It's a gift... :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't visit faunaclassifieds often simply because it is to hard to navigate. very user unfriendly

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
The BOI is still a good tool to use to check out potential sellers (and buyers). Sorry you got banned. Place the following search terms into a search engine like google or bing: "underground reptiles site:faunaclassifieds.com" This should pull up all of the relevant BOI posts for you, although some miscellaneous stuff will also be present. You can use a similar search to search this site, too "searchterms site:tortoiseforum.org".

gary27

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Louisiana
I bought 1.2 Hermann's from them. No problems. I would buy from them again.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
chairman said:
The BOI is still a good tool to use to check out potential sellers (and buyers). Sorry you got banned. Place the following search terms into a search engine like google or bing: "underground reptiles site:faunaclassifieds.com" This should pull up all of the relevant BOI posts for you, although some miscellaneous stuff will also be present. You can use a similar search to search this site, too "searchterms site:tortoiseforum.org".

Thanks. chairman, but my being banned precludes me from accessing Fauna Classifieds, even via a search engine like Google, it seems...

OTOH, today a certain other reptile/herp mega-sales site sent me a nice message asking me to try their site (not sure how they heard about this incident unless one of my herping friends mentioned it to them) and that if I had any trouble, to please free to ask for help. that that was what they were there for...their site, I'm pleased to state, is extremely easy to navigate!

I know where I'll be looking henceforth. :cool:
gary27 said:
I bought 1.2 Hermann's from them. No problems. I would buy from them again.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, as that's precisely what I'm interested in - some more female E. Hermann's...seems that much of the "-"s about Underground Reptiles is that he's either not as organized as some might wish or that he might just be somewhat under-staffed, but a lot of folks (of the ones whose feedback I read prior to getting banned, anyway) stressed that he pretty much is a stand-up guy, which is good to know! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.