Uncle Bri Update

ben awes

5 Year Member
It's been almost a year since I posted - hopefully no one missed me too much ;). Uncle Bri and friends are doing great, growing well. I've got three Aldabras. Uncle Bri was my first. He (she probably) arrived in September of 2013. I was told he was about a year old, but at 5" and 1lb, I suspect he was closer to 6 months - but who knows. He is somewhere between 6 1/2 and 7 years old now. He is over 24" long and weighed in at 103 lbs today. This is the first time he has ever crossed the 100lb mark.

His mates are Job 12:7 and Like a Dream but It's Real (Dream for short). They arrived together in early March of 2016, each around 1lb. Job is now 24lbs and Dream is close to 15lbs. Job has outpaced Dream at every step of the way, and also is far more outgoing, far less skitish, quicker to the food - and its shown up in their growth. Dream is up front with Uncle Bri, Job is in the background.IMG_6025.jpg IMG_6011.jpg IMG_6019.jpg IMG_6021.jpg

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N.W. Arkansas
It's been almost a year since I posted - hopefully no one missed me too much ;). Uncle Bri and friends are doing great, growing well. I've got three Aldabras. Uncle Bri was my first. He (she probably) arrived in September of 2013. I was told he was about a year old, but at 5" and 1lb, I suspect he was closer to 6 months - but who knows. He is somewhere between 6 1/2 and 7 years old now. He is over 24" long and weighed in at 103 lbs today. This is the first time he has ever crossed the 100lb mark.

His mates are Job 12:7 and Like a Dream but It's Real (Dream for short). They arrived together in early March of 2016, each around 1lb. Job is now 24lbs and Dream is close to 15lbs. Job has outpaced Dream at every step of the way, and also is far more outgoing, far less skitish, quicker to the food - and its shown up in their growth. Dream is up front with Uncle Bri, Job is in the background.View attachment 276895 View attachment 276898 View attachment 276900 View attachment 276893
Thanks for the update!

legan52

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Love seeing these updates. We're in Chicago too with big plans for a heated enclosure greenhouse/shed.