two separate outdoor enclosures?

AztecPurse101

Location (City and/or State)
Kuala Lumpur
I have a pair of leopard tortoise that I just recently bought from the pet shop. After going through this forum, I just realized buying a pair wasn't a good choice cause I did see my tortoise tried to bite the other one. I separated them asap (two indoor enclosures) but I was wondering if the outdoor enclosure should be separated as well? The outdoor enclosure's really big as compared to indoor

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I have a pair of leopard tortoise that I just recently bought from the pet shop. After going through this forum, I just realized buying a pair wasn't a good choice cause I did see my tortoise tried to bite the other one. I separated them asap (two indoor enclosures) but I was wondering if the outdoor enclosure should be separated as well? The outdoor enclosure's really big as compared to indoor
Yeah, it needs to be split too. A large space and sight barriers would certainly help, but I think, especially since they're already fighting, that they would just continue outside.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes. They need separate enclosures outdoors too. Or you can buy another one or two babies of similar size and keep them all together as a group. Groups of juveniles should be fine. Its pairs that are the problem.