Twin Townhouse for Eros and Gaia

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
At the moment, the Crystal Unicorn resides in Garland TX (Dallas).... we get snow here....occationally

My son and his family are in Forney! You're practically neighbors.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You must be expecting Gaia and Eros to be dwarfs. You should have made their doors big enough to accept a full grown leopard.

The mansion is coming along nicely. I'll bet Walking Rock pesters you the whole time you're in his area.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
You must be expecting Gaia and Eros to be dwarfs. You should have made their doors big enough to accept a full grown leopard.

The mansion is coming along nicely. I'll bet Walking Rock pesters you the whole time you're in his area.

The door is currently 9"wide and 8" tall and can be expanded by 1 3/4" in all directions.... once they get past that point.... the inside will be to small and time for a rebuild. They are currently 6"wide and 5" tall...still lots of room for growth....I hope ;)

with the hard foam insulation, I'm told I can treat it like a solid substance with regards to using screws and the like. So the doors could. conceivably.
be made any size as long as I cap the cuts to protect the foam. I Love solid construction!

...and as for Mr. WalkingRock.... I had to flip him over after the 3rd time he ran over my legs and punched me in the back.... sometimes you have to win the fight hands down to prevent further damage! he left me alone for the rest of the day after that!

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! This one had me chuckling to myself! Poor tortoise. You big meanie!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, long day at work but when I got home I mustered up the energy and the materials and finished the "Basic Build" for this Townhouse.

Last night I weighed the panels and the weighed in at, Lid- 85 lbs., Back Panel- 75 lbs., Side Panels- 25 lbs. each and the Front Panel- 35 lbs.

All panels are connected with a heavy layer of silicone caulk and several 3 1/2' decking screws. The lid is connected by 3 heavy duty hindges.

Eros and Gaia will have half the house each (It will be divided!) and a run that is 15' x 3'. Both runs have the ability to be expanded at a later date.

My next update "should" be this weekend. Join me then when I finish up details like doors, divider wall and these 2 things....

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Alrighty then..... Got the Town House mostly finished today.

Got the floor boards layed in. these boards are all the cedar boards, cut down, I used in the building of Twin Enclosure II, where I turned a 5'x5' walk-in closet into multi-level Winter home for Eros and Gaia.

Then I put up the removable divider wall. Eros came in while I was putting it in, walled around once, then left.

...next came the shelve to hold the heater and fan... and electrical supply

Old hides (also from Winter Home) to make them feel comfortable...

I cleaned out their runs so I have a clean slate to work with...

...and then They got to see their new digs!

didn't take long to settle in.

I still have a few things to do, like the doors (current design is a flop!) and Cedar Shingles on the outside, other than that tho, it is completed.