Twin Townhouse for Eros and Gaia

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, I've been hinting at Eros and Gaia getting a new outdoor permanate home. the plan has been banging around in my head, all the materials are setting in the garage and this morning we had a sudden drop in temp to 53*....

Time to get to building..... 1st I have to clear the land and prepare a flat area...

...this is where it is going...

The lid comes off...

This grape vine is my biggest and Strongest.... it has to move :(... I hope the transplant takes...

Gaia is a little concerned by the sudden appearance of the Sun!

Grave vine gone and fence is down....WalkingRock inspects current progress...

Current progress in the garage is also moving right along. I have wall panels cut but still have to insulate and assymble. This will happen tomorrow probably. so follow this thread because I will update step by step right here till it is done....

...here is a preview of the finished project.... it is 3' high at the top/back, 2' tall front, 3' wide base and 6' overall length. Sunroof on the top and window in the front to allow plenty of natural sunlight...

Stay tuned.... more to come!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, here is the 1st update for this project....
I had hoped to show you the panels as they where getting the insulation spayed into them but "My Guy" came and picked them up this morning and will return them tomorrow finished. I will still have to put on the outside panel and will get a picture of what the inside of the walls look like.

I did however have a productive day making the foundation and getting it set. It is made of 2x4 pressure treated lumber. Buried 3" deep. It is 5'8" long and 3' wide. I will use a water barrier (rubber mat)between this and the decking.

Eros has decided that his footprints should be pressed into the foundation of HIS house... who am I to Judge?

...and for those of you watching the secondary stories... this guy may or not make it after spending several years in the same spot... I hope for the Best! This guy has already had a bad start and still was the biggest and strongest of the 3...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I cringed at the pile of grape vine. I've been struggling to get mine going.
Nice thread look forward to the updates
WalkingRock is eating down the foliage for me and I'm thinking of weaving the vine thru my fences while it is still flexible

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the double 'no passing' line on the garage floor. Is this to keep your wife's car off your area?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I love the double 'no passing' line on the garage floor. Is this to keep your wife's car off your area?

Hahaha! I painted 2 full sized parking spots in side our garage... with a space between them! Makes paling a lot when we have 2 cars.... right now we only have one and I use that spacer to know the center of the garage when I back in using my back-up camera.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, and can you fill us in on where the Crystal Unicorn lives, please. I love knowing and seeing what people do in the really cold/snowy states, but not sure if that's where you live. I think I do remember seeing WR in the snow though.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Oh, and can you fill us in on where the Crystal Unicorn lives, please. I love knowing and seeing what people do in the really cold/snowy states, but not sure if that's where you live. I think I do remember seeing WR in the snow though.
At the moment, the Crystal Unicorn resides in Garland TX (Dallas).... we get snow here....occationally

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
We Live in Garland TX. (Dallas)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
OK, It's been along weekend and time for another update on the TownHouse!

I got the foundation finished and decked...

The walls were returned full of hard foam insulation...

I got all the outside panels painted with a waterproof, installed the windows (only one side for now, they will be double paned windows for insulation) and the panels assembled.

Tomorrow I will try to finish the door flaps, mount the heater and fan and maybe begin the final assembly.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Coming along nicely, may need to come by next time I'm in Dallas. ;) Is the top going to be on hinges?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's gone now, I think they changed it to Quality lumber before it shut down.

I really think I'm stealing this idea for my outdoor box I'm getting ready to start on.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
The panels turned out to be heavier than I 1st thought. Hopefully it will add to its own stability.

When all is said and done, I expect to will maintain at constant temp above 75*, no matter how cold it gets here....it can and has dropped into the teens.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW!WOW!WOW!LOVE IT ! ! !

Please keep updating. Can't wait to see the finished enclosure.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Coming along nicely, may need to come by next time I'm in Dallas. ;) Is the top going to be on hinges?
The top is defiantly going to be hinged! Still working on some of the details for that.... it's turned into a large issue since the back will be tight against the fence...