TURTLE WAKES UP TOO EASILY

sanamushtaqz

Location (City and/or State)
Srinagar
My baby turtles wake up too easily. At night, when the lights are completely turned off and I open my flashlight to use the washroom or I check up on them, they quickly open their eyes. Even if I check on them with my phone screen light, they open their eyes within seconds and then I'm left worried whether they sleep at all. Rest, there are no changes in their habits and they are healthy. Is this behaviour normal?

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Completely Normal.

Turtles, especially small youngsters, are food for other critters. If they slept too soundly overnight, they would be even easier to grab-and-eat. They eyelids are pretty see-through, so movement or changes in ambient light do trigger the brain to be less deeply asleep.

Try not to shine a light directly at it's face, and move on to avoid waking it completely.

sanamushtaqz

Srinagar
Completely Normal.

Turtles, especially small youngsters, are food for other critters. If they slept too soundly overnight, they would be even easier to grab-and-eat. They eyelids are pretty see-through, so movement or changes in ambient light do trigger the brain to be less deeply asleep.

Try not to shine a light directly at it's face, and move on to avoid waking it completely.
Thank you ❤️