Turtle Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebastianTheGirl

5 Year Member
Today I noticed my baby red eared slider (about the size of a fifty cent piece) get a burst of energy and swim around all over its tank, kicking rocks around, pushing stuff and then tried climbing up the walls. I figured it needed exercise, but when I took it out to give it some more room it just sat there. Could it be anything else or is it just being weird?

SebastianTheGirl

5 Year Member
mel262011 said:
How big is the tank? Sometimes they will do that if the tank is too small.

I would THINK its pretty decent for how tiny it is...its about 8 inches wide and 14 inches long

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
As a rule of thumb, you should have 10 gallons of water for every inch of shell length, with a starting minimum of 10 gallons. Please note that this is how much water there should be, not the tank size. If you have a baby turtle in a half-filled tank, it should be a 20 gallon tank.

This species is often kept in too small of a habitat, and it causes them some stress and anxiety.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sound to me as if he was afraid of something and was trying to get away.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
What do you feed him? I mean do you feed him anything live that could have wiggled away and he found and chased it? Or in my observation of the RESs here...likely just being weird...lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.