Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktkurtz1232

5 Year Member
I got my Turbo yesterday morning:D he's 4 inches long (any idea how old?) he does have some pyramiding :( but I have everything set up to stop it. He was shy yesterday, but I got him eating his Timothy and aloe pretty quick, soaked him this morning and he drank and peed. Had to rearrange his house to give him more room to roam.

Attachments

• image-1129106089.png
    image-1129106089.png
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • image-441214611.png
    image-441214611.png
    1 MB · Views: 58

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Age is anyone's guess I'm afraid. They grow at different rates depending on diet and habitat, so nobody will be able to tell you.

He's gorgeous and by the time he's full size, you'll hardly notice that pyramidding. :)

Scott

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
I've also heard it varies wildly. To give a rough idea though, my Einstein is 10 weeks old with a carapace length just shy of 3 inches.

I don't mean to judge, but it looks like Turbo's tank is waaaay too small. He really should have many times his own length to walk without having to turn around. Maybe it's just the angle the photo was taken...

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Sounds like u have been reading which is great! But they do need a lot of room in the habitat. They like to walk a lot and they need to, plus it helps them move the poo along also. Just keep researching and you will do fine.

ktkurtz1232

5 Year Member
It looks tiny in the picture but he's got a lot of room though. Yeah I've read every sticky on here, I just want him to be good and healthy, and to help if his tank is to cramped I let him out to roam every day for 30 minutes.

Let him play with my boyfriends tortoise today:)

Scott

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
That's kind of what I figured. I think it makes a big difference if they get plenty of time to roam outside of the enclosure.

ktkurtz1232

5 Year Member
Yup it's gotten cold here since the cold front but not this weekend but next I'm setting up a huge outside enclosure for him with a heated corner and alot of sulcata friendly plants..

Kalanchoe, Aloe Vera, opuntia spp., portulaca, Hibiscus, Mulberry tree, Chinese Lantern, Day lilies, Gazania, Petunias, California poppy, Dichondra, Grape vine, Cotyledon, Endives, Nipple wort, Milk thistle, Yarrow, Bermuda, Plaintains, Banana plant.

And when it warms up everything should be growing and ready for him. I'm also going to put some flagstone like rock at the bottom so he can't burrow past it for now. I don't want him stuck in a huge burrow. Of course while he's still young he won't be outside long enough and without supervision.

4 year old sulcata tanner was not having the little guy, he stayed hidden and I kept Turbo away afraid he would get squished.

Attachments

• image-2426011562.png
    image-2426011562.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • image-573925756.png
    image-573925756.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • image-2090020910.png
    image-2090020910.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.