Tucson members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oro Valley, AZ
Thinking we would love to come meet some local tortoise owners. Would love to be able to learn first hand and make some new friends

melkin

5 Year Member
I have 4 sulcatas and 2 leopards andi live in Tucson. Let's talk!

CT Grim

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Mike_ said:
Thinking we would love to come meet some local tortoise owners. Would love to be able to learn first hand and make some new friends

Hi Mike! I am on the other side of Tucson. Melkin and I are part of a growing circle of local tort enthusiasts. Shoot me a pm!

melkin

5 Year Member
CT Grim said:
Mike_ said:

Hi Mike! I am on the other side of Tucson. Melkin and I are part of a growing circle of local tort enthusiasts. Shoot me a pm!

Hey there! I "found" another tort freak yesterday while I was at Arizona Nature Aquatics. A woman dropped in not to look at fish but to find out if anyone happend to know anything about how to raise a baby sulcata. I had just happened to drop into the store at the same time and so had a long conversation with C. I am going to help her get going with her little one and I told her about this forum as a great place for in depth info on torts.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
I tell everyone about this Forum regardless of what type of shelled warrior they have.

Meeting at a neutral location is usually best for meetups. Most Tortoise owners that have their Torts outside are very protective of their location and won't let strangers near.

Pick a Library. Usually they will provide a free room for a few hours.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Hey located in Phoenix area. Visit my site if you're interested in local Sulcatas! Arizonasulcata.webs.com

Ariane520

5 Year Member
I live in sunny Tucson, Az. I recently got 2 leopard tortoises from a local breeder here in town and was contacted thru craigslist as someone was trying to find a home for his Russian Toritoise yesterday. My female leopard are doing excellent and the male is slowly coming around. I would live to get in touch with someone here in town who is experienced in keeping tortoises happy in local climate.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Ariane520 said:
I live in sunny Tucson, Az. I recently got 2 leopard tortoises from a local breeder here in town and was contacted thru craigslist as someone was trying to find a home for his Russian Toritoise yesterday. My female leopard are doing excellent and the male is slowly coming around. I would live to get in touch with someone here in town who is experienced in keeping tortoises happy in local climate.

Welcome!

Don't mix species in the same cage.

Your Sulky will enjoy AZ. I know ones that have heated doggie looz and owners that leave them out without heat.

Ask the Russian owner to place an ad on this forum.

Ariane520

5 Year Member
webskipper said:
Ariane520 said:

Welcome!

Don't mix species in the same cage.

Your Sulky will enjoy AZ. I know ones that have heated doggie looz and owners that leave them out without heat.

Ask the Russian owner to place an ad on this forum.

Thanks.

I figured that was probably a no-no to mix species. Plus I have no idea what the history on the Russian is as he found it in his backyard. So I was going to not let him interact with my babies (8 and 9 week old leos) until I take him to a vet.

Do you recommened a vet locally here in Tucson? I live on the east side so an east side vet would be helpful but if not I am willing to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.