Trying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Here's a few pics of my Henry and hetty enjoying the 24degrese heat we have today :) I'm trying to get a lot more pics for you guys but there both very camera shy, cameras out, boom, there gone lol

image-2973285524.png

Henry basking

image-3093810656.png

Hetty chilling

image-3340599055.png

Henry enjoying the sun

Hetty is first pic, Henry is the other 2 :)

sportychick

5 Year Member
Looking great!!! Send me some of that sun :D we had a little bit this morning so crusher was on balcony taking it in.. now its mostly cloudy so he's back in.
Can I leave my tort for 2 days? Will he be OK?

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
Looking great!!! Send me some of that sun :D we had a little bit this morning so crusher was on balcony taking it in.. now its mostly cloudy so he's back in.
Can I leave my tort for 2 days? Will he be OK?

Ha I'm sure I can spare some!! :) I've just checked on them and there obviously abit to hot cause they've gone into the shade lol

Yea, he'll be fine, we left ours for 10days, in the garden, roughly 5,000 miles away in rain, wind and sun and they were fine :) we had somebody come feed them every morning for us thou!! Could you get somebody to do that?? And is it safe on the balcony to leave him there?? Providing you have some sort of over head cover that no preditors could get thru!!!

sportychick

5 Year Member
The balcony is enclosed..top is covered and front has panels that slides open :) he's in a bigger box and for the most part unless my son needs me I sit on the balcony relaxing while he is there. Not many preditors I'm sure around here. Just small chirping birds :)
Unfortunately no one will be in town for those days. I plan on soaking him and feeding him and leaving extra there if that will work. From Friday night until Sunday afternoon..

I added some feeding photos when I fed the green peppers :D

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
The balcony is enclosed..top is covered and front has panels that slides open :) he's in a bigger box and for the most part unless my son needs me I sit on the balcony relaxing while he is there. Not many preditors I'm sure around here. Just small chirping birds :)
Unfortunately no one will be in town for those days. I plan on soaking him and feeding him and leaving extra there if that will work. From Friday night until Sunday afternoon..

I added some feeding photos when I fed the green peppers :D

Have you sorted it out yet as crushers area?? Have you got a pic?? :) yeh, this should be fine, maybe pop a whole romaine lettuce in so he can munch on it when he feels like it, and obviously some more of what you feed him, just a nice big bowl of food!! Ours would be fine if left a few days cause I've planted lettuce seeds in a section of there pen so when it grows they can just go eat when they want aswell as being fed!! :) perks of a pen you can extend as much as you want :p

Seen the pics, he looks happy and it's always a bonus when you get them feeding out of your hand, you feel a connection ;)

image-4026262611.png

Like our Henry :)

sportychick

5 Year Member
Yeah he likes to eat out of my hand I can hold whatever and he will come.for it. I also realized becarful which u hand feed as if they love it they grab faster rofl :D
What leaf is that Henry is eating? And no no pic just yet.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
Yeah he likes to eat out of my hand I can hold whatever and he will come.for it. I also realized becarful which u hand feed as if they love it they grab faster rofl :D
What leaf is that Henry is eating? And no no pic just yet.

Haha I'm not sure what leaf it is, was my wife feeding him, think it was out of a mixed leaf salad bag!! Your crushers will be fine for 2 days, ask joesmum for reassurance lol trust me, she talked me into leaving ours out for 10days ha more pics to come soon, they had garden time before there soak ha

sportychick

5 Year Member
Ah OK I have fed crusher the same looking leaf from the bag also just.not sure what it was called.:D

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
Ah OK I have fed crusher the same looking leaf from the bag also just.not sure what it was called.:D

I'll try find out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.