Tort routines

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Just out of curiosity and to see how similar routines are what are your torts routine from wake up to sleep (bit of fun too) :)

Here's my torts routine -

So,

At 9am (time changes to 0630am on work days), I put big plate of mixed food out ready for it to be attacked lol then I sprinkle down the whole enclosure with the hose pipe, filling the water dish at the same time!!

0930-45ish, the first tort arises, usually, Henry doing a spot of basking, then followed by Hetty, not long after!! Then after about 20mins of basking they both go for breakfast and don't leave any for poor Fred. After they've eaten, there off to hide again for day at about 1030.

Then 1030ish, after they've demolished the food, I've then got a couple minute window to get some more food out for Fred who usually decides he's hungry at about this time lol once he's done, he will have a little wonder then about 1115 he will disappear for the day. I'll bring the food bowl in getting the next lot of food ready.

At about 4pm, I'll put the next lot of food out, but this time, Fred is the first to it lol followed by the other 2 a little later, again, fresh food has been put down lol (I go thru a lot of food) they all wonder for about 30mins then at about 0515pm they will go and hide.

6pm the fun begins lol there bath time lol I can take between 20 to 40mins searching for them lol I usually find Henry and Hetty first cause I know there hiding places, Fred on the other hand, likes to change it up lol and he pretty much is always the last to be found lol

After about a nice 30min soak, they then go back in to settle down for the night :) I always watch to see were they hide, keeps my mind at peace!! :)

On either the 10th,11th or 12th of every month I weigh and measure them then, again on either the 25th,26th or 27th!!

Sorry such a long post :p
Dan

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
7 am when I arrive home from work tank is just waking up. I fill up his food dish
9 am he actually leaves the hide and eats
930 to all day lol he just walks around doesnt ever really bask just relaxes in a corner eats more and so on
5-6 pm he usually goes to bed

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
7:00am - the UV light on the redfoot pen comes on

7:15am - all tortoises get fed. Water bowls get replenished (cleaned out if needed). Redfoots are misted daily in the morning.

[I work 8-5 on weekdays so I miss a lot of what goes on then, but the following is based on what I've observed on days I am home]

The redfoots finish their breakfast, and continue to wander about their enclosure for most of the morning; basking, hiding, climbing, repeat...before eventually turning into their shelters for an afternoon nap.

Somewhere between 9am-11am, the sulcata (kept outdoors) wakes up when the sun hits most of his pen, and eats his breakfast. Then, similar to the redfoots, he wanders a bit before the heat of the day sets in and finds a shady spot for a nap.

Around the late afternoon/early evening, all tortoises may be seen waking up and wandering about their respective enclosures again before bedtime.

7:00pm - redfoot lights go out

Bedtime!

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
6am - the MVB light turns on. The tortoises wake up as soon as the light turns on and move towards the basking spot.
It's really funny, sometimes they wake up a few minutes before the light turns on and just wait under the lamp for it to turn on.

6:30am - They get a 20 min soak in a tub.

6:50am - They get their food and it takes them about an hour to finish it all.

7am - I leave for work and I see them dig, roam, nap, and graze from a webcam throughout the day.

7pm - The light turns off and they go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.