Tortollini's New Indoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkling13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
central NY
Whew, okay so I've been working on this for pretty much the whole month of September and now its time to show it off :D.

Untitled by inkling13, on Flickr

It's 2.5' wide and tall and 8' long and I've got my crested gecko cages on top. I know wider is better but she's only 7.5" and as it is this thing takes up more space in my bedroom than my actual bed. The shelves on either side provide hiding places and at the moment are being used for storage. Soon I'll add a ramp up with plexi safety railings/barrier so she'll have a second floor to give her more square footage. The floor is waterproofed with vinyl tiles and silicone to seal the cracks between. The inside is painted with an exterior paint so it should be better suited to the high humidity. There are sliding glass doors on the front, which were repurposed from a free, cracked, 30 gallon fish tank ;) and cupboard doors on each side. For lighting we have a MVB and a CHE on the left (although I haven't needed to turn on the heat emitter yet) and a fluorescent tube light on the right. We've also got a reptifogger to pump up the humidity. I've decorated with silk plants but later I'd like to make a custom foam background. I think I'll be getting her a bigger water dish and basking slate, they just look so small now. That current slate was supposed to be for food but she commandeered it for basking. She loves tromping around through her plants and seems to enjoy the glass front since she can now watch me in my habitat :p. Here's a couple more pictures, one of her enjoying her fogger and one of her peeking out from her hide with the cupboard door open.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Wow thats pretty awesome!! You could probably grow real plants in there with that humidity.

I like the craftsmanship you put into it. The second floor will be cool too. Can't wait to see that

AlishaT

5 Year Member
Would tortellini mind a new roomie? I know she might feel a little weird about some giant lady hunched over sitting next to her basking spot but it looks so zen! I love it! You deserve a huge high five on a job well done!

inkling13

5 Year Member
central NY
Thanks :D She doesn't mind company at all. In fact I've spent quite a bit of time IN the cage with her. I'd crawl in and sit on the big center rock as I attached the lights and arranged/glued the plants in place. She seems to like the company, she'd crawl under my legs, stalk my toes and generally "help" me with renovations. I have thought about trying to grow some edible plants up on one of the shelves. I'm hesitant to try live plants for decoration though because I don't have a very green thumb and because Tortellini loves to play godzilla and trample/eat any live plants she can.

sopo

5 Year Member
So Central OK
WOW! You did an amazing job. Love the woodwork. It's beautiful.

Alisha, you made me laugh with that one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.