Tortoise wifi camera

Melindak93535

Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster CA
We have a 3 legged & 1 wheel desert tortoise. He lost a front leg last summer when a neighbor's dog dug under a fence to get him. Vet amputated and I nursed him through the winter and he is healthy and going strong. Problem is, no matter where/how I set up yards for him he tips over very frequently. I have to literally sit and watch him. I bought a little spy camera online and Velcroed it onto him so I could live stream to my phone or tablet and could watch him while I was not sitting next to him. It didn't last long because he is a TANK. I'm thinking of a GoPro type helmet cam but the ones I find are not live stream. Looking for camera ideas....or maybe a tip sensor that would alert me when he tips or SOMETHING so he can have more safe roaming time and I can get things done.IMG_2541.jpgIMG_2192.jpgIMG_2200.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don't have any suggestions for you but well done for nursing him back to health.
Hope you can solve the problem of his tipping over.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
How big is the area he roams? Couldn’t do a couple stationary cameras to watch him?

Melindak93535

Lancaster CA
How big is the area he roams? Couldn’t do a couple stationary cameras to watch him?

His "yard" is 25' x 25' with a jog for a 6'x8' greenhouse in one corner and a middle area of about 6' x6' with potted plants. I'd need 4-5 cameras to cover all angles. I may eventually do that, but that's like $500. He also has a portable "corral" on the front lawn that I move weekly for his grass and dandelion grazing. He needs watching there too because when he tips over the ravens become very interested.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
Poor guy. I’m not sure what else you could do besides a bunch of cameras. Your taking Good care of him though!