Tortoise type help

zovick

10 Year Member!
ok thanks !! I wonder about her foot, she seems to get around ok and it doesn't bother her.

I can't see the foot very clearly in your photo, but it could be a developmental defect (IE, that foot didn't fully develop for some reason), a possible injury (IE, chewed on by mouse or rat), or maybe even a burn.

Where in MD did you find it? When I lived there, I was in the MD Herp Society from 1967 to 1971 and we did an ongoing survey of the herp population of each county in the state. Many of the counties had Eastern Box Turtles. None had Three-Toed Box Turtles.

Tvansant

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland, USA
Wild boxies have a lot of enemies. Raccoon could have chewed on it, or a squirrel, or a cat, who knows. They can do just fine with these injuries. I have a 3 legged Boxie that is doing great.
Awesome!! That's good to know !! I was worried !!

Tvansant

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland, USA
I can't see the foot very clearly in your photo, but it could be a developmental defect (IE, that foot didn't fully develop for some reason), a possible injury (IE, chewed on by mouse or rat), or maybe even a burn.

Where in MD did you find it? When I lived there, I was in the MD Herp Society from 1967 to 1971 and we did an ongoing survey of the herp population of each county in the state. Many of the counties had Eastern Box Turtles. None had Three-Toed Box Turtles.
I'm in odenton close to Crofton. Anne Arundel County
I'm in a townhouse development that's adjacent to a Marc train commuter station and parking lot. Busy urban type neighborhood. Doesn't seem like any wildlife would be here but I think these developers are building anywhere these days and there's more wildlife here than I know. So could be anything may have gotten to her foot or just born that way. Like you said

Last edited: