tattoo.jpg

dd2a68aa-1590-4a00-bcb4-f29c589ab564

mine...​

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I like the key chain.

I would get a Taco tattoo if it were made of henna or some other temporary dye. :D

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Would you all judge me if I got a desert tortoise tattoo? I mean, they are the state reptile of California...

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Oh, I dont know...
I feel like tattoos have a polarizing effect on people. You either love em or you hate em. I guess that's why I haven't gotten one yet.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I say go for it Josh! I wouldn't mind a Henna one either.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If you found the perfect one..
just chose where you get it.. carefully.. some place where it can be seen, but also covered up if nec.
Some places dont allow tats to be seen in the work place...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would get one but I fear what it would look like in 30 years or so, no one likes a sad tortoise

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I agree with Laura-- If you get a tatoo make sure it is work place friendly. I have 3 and as you get older they may be touched up and redone. If you have a fav tort, take a picture that you like and have the tatoo done from the picture. That is what I did with charlie

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Josh said:
Oh, I dont know...
I feel like tattoos have a polarizing effect on people. You either love em or you hate em. I guess that's why I haven't gotten one yet.

Depends a lot on the tattoo...my grandmother (and pretty much all of my mother's side of the family, for that matter) is, as a rule, absolutely anti-tattoo, but thinks my "Cosmic Tortoise" tattoo is fine. :)

Who could be offended by a tortoise? :cool:

OTOH, make sure the tattoo artist is top-notch...you'll be wearing it for a long, long time.

Motara's Mom

5 Year Member
I agree with everyone. Make sure you love the picture, make sure you can cover it up if you need to, and make sure you have a top artist. I got one from a not so great artist and it was...not so great. LOL You could tell it wasn't quality. My fault I should have known better.

My family is anti tattoo, so when I am around them I keep them covered (even though they know I have 4) just so I don't have to hear the questions of why. People also forget, my mom knew I had Alice Cooper's faced tattooed about 16 years ago and the other day in the pool she saw it and acted like she didn't know I ever had any.

I never thought of a tortoise tattoo, but Motara would make a pretty one.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have a tortoise tattoo with wings....it's not finished but I will post pics when I get home.

I may get a radiated tortoise tattooed on me.

Anyone else have tattoos?

I have my almost a complete arm sleeve, my other arm has a half-sleeve, one on my foot, both my legs have big tats, and both of my ribs have big pieces on them. I don't care what anyone thinks of me....I like them and that is all that matters.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have a tattoo. I wanted one for years, but always heard "You will be sorry when you get old". A few years ago I decided well I am old so I might as well get a tattoo. I want more, but my husband does not care for them. We live in a small town, so I know the local tat artist pretty well as he is also a baseball coach.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
If I were to get a tat it would be a tortoise :) My daughter has three sea turtles on her leg when I go see her in a couple weeks I will take a pic.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I love tattoos. I think it's an awesome expression of one self, and consider them beautiful artwork. I only have one at the time, but am planning my artwork for my back piece and sleeves. Too bad I don't have more funds =[

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
turtletania- that's awesome! Where is it located?

I want to get a tat in the near future, but not a tortoise ;) I have to get it somewhere discreet though since I'm going to be an elementary school teacher :p I've wanted a wrist tattoo FOREVER but I can't really get one due to my profession :(

turtletania

5 Year Member
I have it on my right ankle. I am a teacher in a Muslim country, so i had to have it somewhere i could keep covered while at work. I have to wear floor length skirts so it is in the perfect spot.
I just love it!..... It only took 20 minutes to do and I am now thinking of getting another done on my left ankle. This time a tortoise though.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
ChiKat said:
turtletania- that's awesome! Where is it located?

I want to get a tat in the near future, but not a tortoise ;) I have to get it somewhere discreet though since I'm going to be an elementary school teacher :p I've wanted a wrist tattoo FOREVER but I can't really get one due to my profession :(

Depends on the size of the tattoo. You can cover it with a watch or wristband bracelet at work.

Dawna

T

triciatos45

The turtle or tortoise are so cute! Tattoos are now irrefutably booming in popularity especially amongst the young. This is due to the fact that tattoos are a great way to express individuality and personality and turtle tattoos are a very popular choice among people with tattoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.