Tortoise town?

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland tx
Hello again friends. We are wanting to get another sulcata baby to add to our family. And I'm trying to find a good place to get one. Can y'all recommend any places that don't want an arm n leg for a hatchling? The closets rescue is 4 hours away and not to many people have them around us. 4 hours isn't too far but with 3 kids it may as well be a million miles lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do a search for TT here in the vendor review section. Its mostly bad news.

I have babies for sale right now. Well started, over 50 grams already, soaked daily, sunned every other day, eating all sorts of weeds, grasses, flowers, leaves, and more. Kept in large, warm, humid enclosures.

I have no use for additional arms and legs, so I just charge $60 each for them. You find and pay for your own shipping, and I can help with that if you need it. You can find them a little cheaper, but I put hours and hours of time and effort into making them perfect, keeping them well hydrated, and introducing them to dozens of different foods so that their new owners will have an easy time.

Here they are:
IMG_5327.JPG
IMG_5285.JPG
And the most current pic:
IMG_5431.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know how many you have but they can't be kept in pairs. In order to keep them in a group you do need a very big 1/4 or more acreage depending on how many and they still then may need to be separated.
You will get a well started healthy one from Tom and he won't abandon you if you need help.

Cleveland tx

I have babies for sale right now. Well started, over 50 grams already, soaked daily, sunned every other day, eating all sorts of weeds, grasses, flowers, leaves, and more. Kept in large, warm, humid enclosures.

I have no use for additional arms and legs, so I just charge $60 each for them. You find and pay for your own shipping, and I can help with that if you need it. You can find them a little cheaper, but I put hours and hours of time and effort into making them perfect, keeping them well hydrated, and introducing them to dozens of different foods so that their new owners will have an easy time.

Here they are:
View attachment 238531
View attachment 238532
View attachment 238533

I would love to get one from you sir but I know nothing about shipping?

Cleveland tx
I don't know how many you have but they can't be kept in pairs. In order to keep them in a group you do need a very big 1/4 or more acreage depending on how many and they still then may need to be separated.
You will get a well started healthy one from Tom and he won't abandon you if you need help.

Thank you for replying. Right now I have 1 that turns a year old around July/August . But we live on 20 acres so I would be able to give them there own area

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you for replying. Right now I have 1 that turns a year old around July/August . But we live on 20 acres so I would be able to give them there own area
After I posted I then noticed you were from Cleveland Texas. I originally seen Cleveland and thought Ohio. Lots of open space in Ohio too, but probably more in Texas.

daniellenc

Maryland
You can call Fedex, but also Tom offered to help. Basically just make an account and set up a pickup with him and delivery with you. It's around $40-$50 but better than TT any day. Their reviews are not impressive.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How do I go about finding out more about shipping?
Check shipyourreptiles.com. They are usually cheaper then going straight to FedEx.
I also found that Delta is cheap and you get them same day, if delta flies to your area. I shipped 2 adult and one juvie leopard from Chicago to Texas cheaper then FedEx or shipyourreptile and they only had a two hour lay over in Atlanta. No over night. It was hundreds cheaper.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Does anyone you know have a FedEx account? Anyone you know ship a lot of stuff on a regular basis? If yes, they can print you up a label and you email it to me, so I can stick it on the box. I have all the shipping and packing materials all ready to go. I just need the shipping label from you.

If you don't know someone with an account, you can go through shipyourreptiles.com or Will uses "Reptiles 2 You", or another shipper of your choice. You give them your address, my address, the size and weight of the shipping box, and they email you a label. You e-mail me the label, I print it out, and I stick it on the box on shipping day. Last Fed Ex drop off in my area is 4pm. So on a Monday, Tues or Wed, I drop off at about 3:45 pm and you receive the baby by the next morning.

Its pretty easy. :)

Or you can drive here and pick it up. :p

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California

Here they are:
View attachment 238531
View attachment 238532
View attachment 238533
These are so cute! It almost makes me want one.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
I waited about 8 months for a South African leopard to be ready from Tom. As far as I’m concerned it was worth the wait in relation to how Tom treats his animals. Order from Tom! I wasn’t sure about the find your own shipper thing but it really wasn’t hard.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You don't have to worry about shipping - the seller takes care of those details. All you need know is you have to be home to accept the package.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
Hello again friends. We are wanting to get another sulcata baby to add to our family. And I'm trying to find a good place to get one. Can y'all recommend any places that don't want an arm n leg for a hatchling? The closets rescue is 4 hours away and not to many people have them around us. 4 hours isn't too far but with 3 kids it may as well be a million miles lol
Kamp Keenan on facebook, he is an honest reptile expert. Also, Garden State Tortoise