• image-1346722797.png
    image-1346722797.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • image-348386752.png
    image-348386752.png
    406.1 KB · Views: 30

Paradon

5 Year Member
Personally, I've never used it. I supposed you could mix it with the salad every now and then... The only food I trust is Mazuri tortoise chow. They've had a good track record for over 30 years with the Galopagos tortoises and other tortoises seem to do better it.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would not use it...look at the first four ingredients as well as salt is an additive...not good.....:D

Dkronic

5 Year Member
Yea that's what i figured no wheat, grains, or soy products

Is mazuri tortoise chow good for red foot tortoises

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, ground oats, dehulled soybean meal, wheat middlings, cane molasses, dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat germ, soybean oil, dicalcium phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, DL-methionine, choline chloride, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (vitamin K), pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source vitamin E), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), biotin, L-lysine, tocopherols (a preservative), calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, folic acid, nicotinic acid, thiamin mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite.

For comparison's sake, here is the ingredient list for Mazuri Tortoise Diet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We call that stuff fruity pebbles. I too use the Mazuri based on recommendations from many people who know more than I do.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I don't use any of the commercial foods...not that I have an opinion one way or the other...I just have not had a need arise that warrants its use here....but I am a freak that way....:p:rolleyes:

One time I did try the forrest grass pellet things for the RFs...they did not appear thrilled about it...so after a bit of a try (one jar) decided not to try any further...they just appear to chow down the greens/fruit/protein in the natural food form....just sharing my little experience with one type of processed grass food....:D

Paradon

5 Year Member
That's OK. Some people have raised tortoises to adulthood without using any commercial food. Some people use Mazuri to help round out the diet and boost the overall nutrition of the captive diet. I know some people only give it to their tortoise only twice a week and I know a long time tortoise breeder who feed the stuff as the main food source.

Status
Not open for further replies.