tortoise not eating or moving

yousseftaha

I have an Egyptian tortoise but she is not eating or moving at all actually she hasn't moved for days and hasn't eaten as well

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This doesn't sound right. Are you sure the tortoise is still alive?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is this the same tortoise you said wasn't eating or moving back in June of 2017?

is there anyone here who keeps Egyptian tortoises who can help this member set up his Egyptian tortoise enclosure properly so we can get this tortoise healthy and thriving? @Kapidolo Farms @Team Gomberg

Reactions: Ink

yousseftaha

in 2017 I got her but I didn't have any idea what kind of lettice she would prefer. It has all been working out will since then but now she isn't eating or moving at all. This usually happens in the witner but the winter is over and she is still not eating or moving at all. she isn't even pooping or anything. I am sure she is alive but she is doing nothing at all. I tried using warm water and leaving her in the sun but nothing happens

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please post pictures of where the tortoise lives so we have a better idea how to help you.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I have an Egyptian tortoise but she is not eating or moving at all actually she hasn't moved for days and hasn't eaten as well

Like Yvonne mentioned, a few more details can help us to help you.

Tortoises need to "charge their batteries" so to speak. They need to be able to warm up enough to become active, get hungry and digest their food. However, if they get too hot, an Egyptian can enter aestivation, going inactive again.

When I encounter a tortoise that isn't eating, after I've checked the temperatures I like to give them a nice warm soak. I find that the access to water stimulates their appetites and their bowels.

My suggestion without any of your information would be to make sure it has access to temps that are 70F, 80F, 90F and even 100F. Then they can regulate their temperature as needed. Next, place the tortoise in a shallow bowl of 85F water. As the water cools down you can replace the water. The tortoise shouldn't be swimming, keep the water level below the head.

Try that for now, and let us know more information when you can.

yousseftaha

Like Yvonne mentioned, a few more details can help us to help you.

Tortoises need to "charge their batteries" so to speak. They need to be able to warm up enough to become active, get hungry and digest their food. However, if they get too hot, an Egyptian can enter aestivation, going inactive again.

When I encounter a tortoise that isn't eating, after I've checked the temperatures I like to give them a nice warm soak. I find that the access to water stimulates their appetites and their bowels.

My suggestion without any of your information would be to make sure it has access to temps that are 70F, 80F, 90F and even 100F. Then they can regulate their temperature as needed. Next, place the tortoise in a shallow bowl of 85F water. As the water cools down you can replace the water. The tortoise shouldn't be swimming, keep the water level below the head.

Try that for now, and let us know more information when you can.
I usually keep her in a mini green area in my balcony where she has access to plenty of sunlight I can't take a picture now sorry but she hasn't had much sun recently as it has been cold lately but now that it is sunny again I can try to get her back out there and I will try the water thing thank you very much I will let you know?