tortoise name

Status
Not open for further replies.

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
california
[/align]Ok so i have had my tortoise for a while and i really cant choose a name she is 2 and a half years old. And can you tell me if you think she is to small for her age cuz im starting to think so. :)

here are sum pics of her

kiujyhtgr.jpgyjhtgr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What types of food does she eat and how often/much do you feed her?

Tortoises grow at different rates from each other, just like people do. Some sulcatas are your baby's size at that age and then there are those exceptions to the rule that are much bigger. It really isn't important how big your tortoise is at what age, what is important is how healthy is your tortoise.

So, tell us what you feed her and how often and we can give you a better guess.

Yvonne

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
california
i feed her mixed lettuce (no iceberg) twice a day in the morning and after school i give her tortoise treats 3times a week and i give her a straw berry or peice of a plum once a week...and i soak her once a week for 10min but she has an open source to water at all times

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Your tort is a cutie :)

My sulcata's name is Bowser, since I love video games. I think that you should give it a name from something that you enjoy :)

You should try giving your tort some hibiscus flowers, grass, weeds, and timothy hay. That would be a great start for food.
Bowser love his hibiscus flowers, their like his candy. Whenever I get a bloom on a plant I will give it to him.
He has access to timothy hay whenever he wants to eat it. The hay is what I use for his bedding.

I love the names Plucky. They are a great idea.

Good luck finding a name!!!

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
california
so does anybody know if torts can eat rose petals???

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
el paso tx
krissy2288 said:
[/align]Ok so i have had my tortoise for a while and i really cant choose a name she is 2 and a half years old. And can you tell me if you think she is to small for her age cuz im starting to think so. :)

here are sum pics of her

krissy2288 said:

here are sum pics of her
i think she is small, mine are 2 and i cant hold them with one hand and i have large hands. also those spikes on her shell are due to too much protein i think, mine have done great with tortoise chow and various weeds and leaves. tczar

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
california
to much protien??? she eats mostly romaine lettuce, & she only has treats like strawberries or peach slices about 3 times a week & she graises about once a week,,,so were would the extra protien come from?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your diet isn't the best it could be. Fruit should only be given once a month or so. She/he is old enough now to have the diet be mostly grasses.
The pyramiding is most likely caused by quick growth and not enough calcium. You should be supplementing the diet with calcium.

Danny

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
california
i know she is old enough to be fed hay but she is actualy really small for her age.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Not sure what size has to do with her diet.

Danny

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
from what i understand they all grow at different rates, and you cannot compare size/age?

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
california
okay thanx i'll try giving her hay and mix it up with her food, maybe she will like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.