Not open for further replies.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
DeanS said:
Soon...all the little ones are on it!
23rjzfs.jpg

LOL looks like Eggroll has a cig in his mouth. I'm weird for noticing.

Delta622

5 Year Member
Is it okay for my 3 month old sulcata to eat this all the time? and other things of course, but I cant over do it can I?

Kyoki

5 Year Member
Orlando, Florida
This is such a great idea. Before I was just chopping the hay until it was almost powder and sprinkling it over his mazuri. Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, lol.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
my girls go crazy for this stuff thanks for the idea!!!

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
worked great with my 2 year old sulcata, my month old sulcata, and my 6 month leo... They cant eat enough of this, I think im going to try mixing in some graded cactus.. maybe they will like it more that way :) got to try to make it fun and new every now and then

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
BrookeB said:
worked great with my 2 year old sulcata, my month old sulcata, and my 6 month leo... They cant eat enough of this, I think im going to try mixing in some graded cactus.. maybe they will like it more that way :) got to try to make it fun and new every now and then

I do that once in a while. I'll take a pad and run it through the food processor, literally, until it's gruel! It does liven things up...especially on those rare occasions when nobody wants cactus pads!

HtVic

5 Year Member
i am wondering what is the expire date for mazuri once you use it?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
There should be a date on the bag...but WHO CARES! It ain't gonna last long enough to matter! If you're buying small bags, you can store it in the fridge! Why is there a 'd' in fridge when there is none in refrigerator? ;)

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
I made use of what I got so I did mazuri with Timothy hay, I also mixed in a decent sized pinch of TNT and sprinkled some calcium in and they absolutely love it!:D and now they are eating there hay that they would have never touched otherwise!:)
Thank you for this recipe!!!

sheilaamistone1974

5 Year Member
well, today I made this for my tort baby for the first time. I made way to much so I ended up giving some to my bearded dragons, (they aren't so sure about the stuff yet), my pot bellied pig who loved it, and my baby tort. he LOVED it. he sat their for a full 10 min. eating it. first time I have ever got grassland tortoise food in his belly. he even chose to eat the meatballs over eating his salad. are these meatballs, if I feed less (so it doesn't fill him up), able to be fed every day after he eats his salad?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It seems to be popular, and it is probably a good way of introducing hay into a picky eaters diet.

Paradon

5 Year Member
that actually looks good. Do I really have to add the Marion brand? I think Mazuri is already complete. I like the hay in their though. They do need a lot of fiber.

sheilaamistone1974

5 Year Member
I don't have the Marion so I used 2 different dry tortoise foods along with the mazuri and the grassland.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
DeanS said:
There should be a date on the bag...but WHO CARES! It ain't gonna last long enough to matter! If you're buying small bags, you can store it in the fridge! Why is there a 'd' in fridge when there is none in refrigerator? ;)

Haha!! Threw in a brain buster there! XD I never bothered to notice that until you mentioned it! XD too funny!! And I agree with lushcious, it does look like Eggroll has a cig in her mouth, like "alright I'm full, time for a cig...." *walks away like a smooth operator * lol!!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
KimandKarasi said:
DeanS said:

Haha!! Threw in a brain buster there! XD I never bothered to notice that until you mentioned it! XD too funny!! And I agree with lushcious, it does look like Eggroll has a cig in her mouth, like "alright I'm full, time for a cig...." *walks away like a smooth operator * lol!!

I kinda made this meatball this morning, but I used much more hay and grass compare to mazuri, and a bit hibiscus flower, leaves and opuntia. I just wish my torto consumes more fibers :D

Well, he likes it. Thanks for the trick, he never like eating hay before :D

ColorfulTortoise

5 Year Member
New England
Thanks for the neat recipe. I'll have to try this recipe with my tortoise. I bet he will love it. By the way, I love the pics. They are amazing! You have beautiful sulcatas. :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.