Tortoise Library is down????

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I think Josh took over the site at some time. It looks like the linking was screwed up during that process. The formatting is probably off because the css/stylesheets aren't appropriately linked now.

If you alter the URL you can get to the pages.

On the tortoiselibrary.com index the links are as follows (using 'freeroaming' article as an example.)

Delete the "and add a .com after tortoiselibrary and the page is still there, with broken formatting.

tortoiselibrary.com/indoor-housing-2/free-roaming/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
If you click on "skip to content" it takes you to the library.
Not for me. when I use that button it just places me further down the page and there is this stuff ...

Home
Our Mission
The Tortoise Library is a repository for articles and links on the natural history and care of tortoises and terrestrial turtles.

2007-09-16%20Numa%20l.JPG

Important Note:
March 25, 2013. Over the next few months, the Library is going to be expanding its coverage to include all common pet tortoises and terrestrial turtles. Please forgive any blips and glitches that occur during this time.
As an example of the new growth, we will be adding an article about Russian Tortoise care!

This is a test post
Box Turtle Forum
An Exotic Pet Network site. All rights reserved. © 2014 Tortoise Library
pixel.gif

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was wrong about the "skip to content" button. I've sent an email to Mark (madkins007), the author of the site, and hopefully he'll fix it for us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, what Jaizei said above is correct. I contacted Mark and he told me that the Library was turned over to Josh several years ago. So I've sent an email to Josh letting him know the links don't work anymore.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
And now a few months later it's still not working. And FWIW, I did access it successfully via the link at the bottom of the TFO page. I don't know how that correlates with 'taking it over' But at one time it was working via the link.

Maybe Josh 'took it over' to make it dysfunctional for some purpose? Months now.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Will. - I sent Josh another email this a.m. after I read this post, and just received a message from him that it is now working. I'm on my Kindle, and it's hard to navigate, so I haven't checked it.