Tortoise Heaven!!

StuMac

5 Year Member
The weather has FINALLY started to change here in Aberdeenshire. And as I have been cultivating the dandilions in my garden, Slash has his own slice of nirvana now! Plus the bonus of free food and natural sunlight means less expense for me. Winning

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1462278697.349762.jpg

StuMac

5 Year Member
Hopefully. I'm an outdoorsy type and I've been in a mild depression with this damn weather recently. I love pottering about my garden or walking through the woods. But it's been so crappy recently.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hopefully. I'm an outdoorsy type and I've been in a mild depression with this damn weather recently. I love pottering about my garden or walking through the woods. But it's been so crappy recently.
I feel ya! I live in a cloudy location and sometimes it can really get to me. :( Good thing spring is finally here!

StuMac

5 Year Member
I feel ya! I live in a cloudy location and sometimes it can really get to me. :( Good thing spring is finally here!
Sadly enough, I seem to have jinxed the weather...its been grey skies all day today. Cold enough to wear a jumper and a helluva cold wind. I guess one day of sun is all we are allowed for now

StuMac

5 Year Member
I've looked for dandi seeds over here. Couldn't seem to find any. Thought about just digging some up and re planting them during winter.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've looked for dandi seeds over here. Couldn't seem to find any. Thought about just digging some up and re planting them during winter.

Hi Stu wet and windy and cold in Wales too:(
I just pick the fluffy dandy heads from the ones I've managed to grow in my garden or when I'm out and about on my walks then scatter them or pop them into pots. I have quite a good crop this year which Lola is very happy about.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
If I pick dandilion flowers out of the garden then put them in the redfoot vivarium, they turn to seed within 1 or 2 days. Usually 1 day.

StuMac

5 Year Member
Hi Stu wet and windy and cold in Wales too:(
I just pick the fluffy dandy heads from the ones I've managed to grow in my garden or when I'm out and about on my walks then scatter them or pop them into pots. I have quite a good crop this year which Lola is very happy about.
I didn't know this would work! I'm off outside to get some as I have quite a few like that!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I didn't know this would work! I'm off outside to get some as I have quite a few like that!
It certainly does - they are dispersed by the wind and the seeds are at the end of the fluffy bits - that's why they are so successful at spreading and growing everywhere. You should have lots of free dandies next year - or maybe sooner.