Tortoise growth chart

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to show you a small chart of one of my tortoises' growth. I have been tracking his/her length every two weeks since he/she hatched! I think that it is pretty neat and he/she seems to be growing very quickly. By the way, plug in whatever month for x and see about how large it should be at that time. I know that it will not be this same growth for its whole life, of even this year, but it is a rough estimate. :)

By the way, 2/12/17 isn't correct, it's today, 2/6/17
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 3.19.39 PM.png

Last edited:

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
They all grow at different rates so it really impossible to tell, I have a 2 year old that is almost 11" and then I have 2 that are over 3 years old and around 6"-7" and I have one that's almost a year old at almost 5"

Southern California
They all grow at different rates so it really impossible to tell, I have a 2 year old that is almost 11" and then I have 2 that are over 3 years old and around 6"-7" and I have one that's almost a year old at almost 5"
Wow, that's incredible! It really makes you think what causes that, genetics, exposure to UV, diet... Thank you!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Wow, that's incredible! It really makes you think what causes that, genetics, exposure to UV, diet... Thank you!
Both the 3 year olds I've only had for a short time. I don't think they had great starts, and both have very slight pyramiding. They've had very nice gains since I've taken them in and I expect huge growth spurts once they get to spend more time outside

I'm a true believer in the care sheets on the forum.

Southern California
Both the 3 year olds I've only had for a short time. I don't think they had great starts, and both have very slight pyramiding. They've had very nice gains since I've taken them in and I expect huge growth spurts once they get to spend more time outside

I'm a true believer in the care sheets on the forum.
I definitely agree with you. I just though that maybe he/she was growing at an unhealthy rate. I know it can vary tons, but I just wanted to be cautious. I also really love the care sheets as well. And I definitely can't wait to get this baby outside again! It has been rainy and cold the past few weeks, but apparently this weekend it should be in the high seventies and low eighties. :)

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Those are great growth rates!