Thor's Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
Here is my chart, sadly I have to use a WordPad, so it's no Excel, but it gets the job done.

He was supposedly 3-4 months old when I got him, so I made his "Birthday" in between that, he's 3.5 months old when arrived, which makes his Birthday April 1st (And he's a jokester too!, Ok as much as a Tortoise can be).

Thor Growth Chart (bah, the chart is slightly messed up here, as it doesn't allow big spaces between words, so it got compacted.)

Arrived: 7-15-09 at 3-4 months old

One Year Marker: April 1st.

Current Age: 13 months 25 days.

-Date- | SCL (mm) | Width (mm) | Weight (g)

4-26-10 | 70 mm | 56 mm | 75g

5-3-10 | 71 mm | 56 mm | 80g

5-10-10 | 72 mm | 57 mm | 82g

5-17-10 | 73 mm | 58 mm | 88g

5-24-10 | 73 mm | 58 mm | 84g

The week of 5-10 to 5-17 I ended up giving him 3 Mazuri pellets (not all at once :p). Usually I only give him two a week, so that's why you see a 6g increase.

The week of 5-17 to 5-24 he started eating grass, so right now I am still figuring out how much grass is needed to make up the less greens he's eating. So that's why you see a small dive in weight. Going by grass weight alone, I need 3 times as much grass (volume) as I do greens to keep him at a steady growth. Which is a LOT of food.

Also, I weighed him at 9am each time, Before he eats. But for all I know, some of these days he could have pooped just before, or didn't poop, varying the numbers.

I'll have to take a picture of the bundle of grass I pick to show how much it actually is. He'll usually eat about 2/3 to 3/4 of it, and I cut it into like 1/2" pieces.

So once May 31st hits, we'll see if he gained weight from the 84g, and if so, I have the "right amount" for now.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Your numbers look fine since they are increasing slowly. Always good to track progress. I track mine monthly.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Do you have excel?

you can download open office for free and its has word excell and all of that, but its the free version

openoffice.org

its 100% safe and free

I use cm, not mm so its not that easy for me to read. but mine are half the ages of thor, so it looks good to me on weight

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
terracolson said:
Do you have excel?

you can download open office for free and its has word excell and all of that, but its the free version

openoffice.org

its 100% safe and free

I use cm, not mm so its not that easy for me to read. but mine are half the ages of thor, so it looks good to me on weight

10 mm = 1 cm. So he's about 7.3cm by 5.8cm. MM is just more exact, especially at the younger ages. Takes me a good 5-10mins to get it done because he likes to move :p

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
wow, i was expecting to see a leopard weigh more at that age. i guess i was comparing to my sulcata who weighed over three hundred grams at that age. its gonna be quite different raising a baby leo then a baby sulcata i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.