Tortoise Enclosure: IN THE WORKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
So I've been wanting to build a tortiose table for my two Russian torts. And finally John and I started putting it together. I might be a little biased, but it's perfect.

P7010651.JPG

I'll make an update when we put the inside in.

That's not really the greatest picture I realized.

P7010650.JPG

P7010654.JPG
Here's so you can see the detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks very nice. Love the color, my fave. What are the measurements, it looks small for two Russians, however the angle of the pic makes it hard to tell. Also is there something on the top of it? Looks like a black screen maybe? The opening on the bottom, is that for storage? Can't wait for the finished product pics:D

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Thanks! There's actually an insert that I'll put in after the inside dries that will make a second level. It's roughly four feet long and a bit over two feet wide. The second level is what gives it more room. I understand that they need space, but it's an upgrade from what they have currently and we needed to be able to get it through the doors in the house (we move a lot because of the Army). There's nothing on top, but the inside is lined with a deck restore that will make it waterproof and will protect the wood from the substrate/lighting. The opening is for storage.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Thanks! I wanted it to look like a piece of furniture since it's quite large and it'll be around for a while.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Thanks Jacqui!

Letting the paint dry before we put the insert in.

Status
Not open for further replies.