Tortoise defecate white poop

killdashnine

Location (City and/or State)
NYC
- Gave tortoise a shallow warm bath
- Large pink organ came out of tail. Is this the tortoise penis? intestine? What is this and this is normal? (see attachment)
- Tortoise peed and appeared to poo out white feces. Is this normal? (see attachment)

Otherwise seems normal/happy. Eats, sleeps, wanders around

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_141614.jpg
    IMG_20200506_141614.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200506_142220.jpg
    IMG_20200506_142220.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200506_145704.jpg
    IMG_20200506_145704.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

KronksMom

Illinois
Congratulations, it's a boy! That is his penis. As long as it goes back in, a little flashing won't hurt anyone. The white stuff is urates. It's normal for tortoises to have urates in their urine. They should never be thicker than toothpaste. If they seem to be too thick, then you need to take a look at diet and hydration. A lot of tortoises don't drink enough on their own, so soaking (like you are), 20 minutes or so at least once a week for an adult should be enough. Is that an Egyptian? I'm not that good at IDing. I'm not sure if they have real special needs, but I know @Team Gomberg keeps a very handsome Egyptian. She's probably better suited to respond to any specific questions you have.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
You can NEVER under that image, nor can we on tortoise forum ??️

KronksMom

Illinois
My guy flashed me a few months ago and it was a shock to say the least! We had a long talk about him not doing that anymore, especially not while his father isn't around. Of course, this whole long talk took place while he's rocking back and forth on it, looking at me like, "What's wrong mom? Don't you like my new trick?" Then he pulled it back in and went back to eating breakfast. Haven't seen it since, but I'm sure it won't be the last time. My husband is furious he missed it. And equally upset that I didn't get any pictures, but it was way to dark where he was in his enclosure.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
My Sulcata started flashing my wife and I about 9 months ago. He always puts it out, everyday when he is in his warm water. Let you husband know, now that he has done it once he will do it alot. You will be surprised on the size of he penis, compared to the size of your tortise. You will wonder where he puts it all. My Sulcata just weighed 15 pounds 1 oz.. this morning.