Tortoise climbing everything

Location (City and/or State)
belleville
So my tortoise loves to climb anything and everything but often he will flip himself over, are there any safe options of things i can put in his enclosure for climbing, he also tends to try to climb the walls for hours and calms down when i take him out, he’s 3 inches in a 3 foot enclosure, i wanna get him a new one but i’m not in a space to get one atm but i will next year.

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Hi,

The reason he/she is doing this is because you have let it see there is more then the small enclosure you have it in. You will need to increase the size of your enclosure with sight barriers to calm this behavior. Good luck.

belleville
Hi,

The reason he/she is doing this is because you have let it see there is more then the small enclosure you have it in. You will need to increase the size of your enclosure with sight barriers to calm this behavior. Good luck.
he usually can’t see out unless he climbs the rocks which he rarely does but i take him out about twice a day for some bonding and taking care of him, i used to take him outside a lot but the weather in my state is unfavorable for him so i keep him inside.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I went thru something similar recently. You can see what I came up with here
Maybe it'll give you some ideas.