Tortoise causes fire in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
my tortoise would have blamed my cat diesel, why not bulldog blames the cat for everything! it was the cat.:p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I wonder if his home owners insurance policy has a tortoise clause?

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Oh my, let's blame the tortoise for the fire cause he knew what he was doing! This is what is wrong with society, everything is everyone else's fault, the kid needs to take responsiblity for not having the tortoise in a proper enclosure or better yet, not picking up the stupid paint supplies!!!!! Then maybe the innocent animal, who was just following his instincts, wouldn't be at fault. I know the kid didn't write the news story but still, they could be a little more accurate. Is this tortoise up for adoption? Or is he going to continue living with an uneducated owner?

turtletania

5 Year Member
just heard it on CNN and was amazed..... they showed a photo and stated it was a "turtle not unlike this one"... had to laugh at use of turtle and the stock photo which hardly looked like a sulcata at all.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
I live on rochester new york and our news guy on wham 13 said the tortoise/turtle hello they are two differnt things. there is not a totoise/turtle hybird.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Well, yes of course it was the owner's fault not the tortoise's. I would think that either it will be kept by them, the parents won't let it back in the house, the landlord/insurance won't let it back in the house, and in those cases he'll try to sell it on craigslist, unless maybe a rescue reaches out to the parents to re-home it before he sells it.

Status
Not open for further replies.