Tortoise ate part of plastic peg :-/

Roddytort121

Location (City and/or State)
Derbyshire UK
It's unusual for Roddy to poop anywhere other than during a bath however I noticed he'd gone in his enclosure. I noticed it had a blue tinge to and so I broke it apart and found a 1cm long piece of blue plastic which I assume is from a plastic peg which was trodden into the grass. It's only a few mm thick but can't believe it. He wasn't out long at all two weeks ago maybe and only as it was a nice day. He seems okay and is eating but oh god. The damage?? It's a new home we've moved to so I was totally unaware but I have noticed broken pegs and thought I'd cleared them up. I feel guilty.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you can see how quickly those guys are. But the good news is if they can swallow something they usually pass it case in point. I imagine that it passed through with no problems. no need to feel guilty it happens.

Roddytort121

Derbyshire UK
Thank you, I think maybe that's why he's been a little off recently but I left him alone all day and he came out by himself and fed so all is good .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad it came out. Get into a routine when you put him outside to take either a walk around his enclosure or at least scan over it with your eyes. It's amazing what can blow in or get tossed in. This will just help you to hopefully find it before he does.