Tortoise adoption suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
i have a redfoot tortoise. and once i get a job and get enough money after highschool i want to get another tortoise. preferably for a second tortoise thats not going to get huge like a redfoot or sulcata.

i live in rhode island on the east coast near the ocean in the united states where there is good humidity. so obviously im not going to adopt a tortoise that needs to live in a nice dry climate. But i dont want a tortoise thats going to get huge, one is enough for now.

any suggestions. food isnt a problem to get where i live?

this isnt going to happen for a couple months though, im still figuring out what my redfoot likes for setup! but i was thinking of adding a 2nd tortoise. and yes i know they cant go in the same tank.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Take your time to learn the quirks of your redfoot is a smart thing to do before jumping into a variety of species....I personally find that the RFs are a bit of a shy tortoise in comparison to the CDTs here as well as the RESs here....they have an endearing face and they are a curious bunch in a much quieter fashion and I have noticed they have a premium sense of smell vs the CDTs and RESs are sooooo much more visually stimulated....

Take time to learn about each species in your care before adding too many species types....this would simply be my thoughts and not trying to tell you to or not to get a new one...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.