Tortle Rooms!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah, I would have one but I have a tortoise shed . My wife doesn't let me keep them inside . But she lets me keep my two leopard babies in our room in a big tank.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Mine are 'scattered' :p Elmo lives in the very tippity upstairs, the turtles are all about in the basement, and of course miss sulcata doesn't come inside! :D
Because I do love to upgrade my coldblooded friends, I have two extra tanks right now just waiting for occupants... :rolleyes:

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
I don't have a picture of my room, but our spare room is my dedicated "office" and reptile room. I have my Tortoise in there as well as my Corn Snake, Crested Gecko, Leopard Gecko, 2 Kenyan Sand Boas, then my Rosy Boa is in the basement and my African Fat-tailed Gecko is in our bedroom, lol. I'm going to try to get all of them in to the spare room but I'm going to have to do some re-organizing and tank tetris. :p

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I don't have photo but my guinea pigs and tortoises share a room. It was our kids playroom but now that they are 8 and 10 and don't use it anymore. Someday I would like to rip out the carpet and put in laminate because it's durable! I always get hay and dirt on the carpet!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Laughing so hard! I can just see, in my mind right now, a figure navigating around tanks and tubs to the one room that has nothing in it! :D

My dining room use to have a huge table in it for family gatherings, as the children grew, left home and family gatherings became at their houses, the table was no longer used. So it's gone and instead I now have three stacks of tortoises. Same thing with the unused couch and where a TV used to be, and it just continued. My bedroom is the only room with no tortoises, BUT it does have the incubator. :)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Indeed you are not alone. Not even the least sane lol. I have converted a spare room into my tortoise/green house room. My husband put a sink in and shelves with lights in the closet. This is my favorite room in the house. It is always warm, so that is a bonus.

IMG_20140907_183203.jpg IMG_20140907_183133.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Indeed you are not alone. Not even the least sane lol. I have converted a spare room into my tortoise/green house room. My husband put a sink in and shelves with lights in the closet. This is my favorite room in the house. It is always warm, so that is a bonus.

View attachment 109873 View attachment 109874

I love the shelves in the closet with a shop light over each. Tell your hubby, "Good Job!!"

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
My dining room use to have a huge table in it for family gatherings, as the children grew, left home and family gatherings became at their houses, the table was no longer used. So it's gone and instead I now have three stacks of tortoises. Same thing with the unused couch and where a TV used to be, and it just continued. My bedroom is the only room with no tortoises, BUT it does have the incubator. :)
You can not escape! :D