Drinking

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Watching my little hatchlings drink always makes my day. They aren't shy about walking over to their water dish and gulping away. Well they aren't shy about anything. They are very lively and curious creatures. Anytime I start messing around in their enclosure they have to very quickly tortle over to see what I'm doing. I started making big heaping "tortoise salads" as a distraction and they STILL have to come see what I'm doing. They are hilarious. They'll leave their food and run over, see what I'm doing, then run back to their food. Cracks me up!
So today I needed to clean up in their enclosure. I picked up grass clippings from yesterday's food, picked up visible poop, and added more orchid bark. Sprayed their moss down...ect. Well due to the messes I've made in the past, I now use an old salad box as a portable trash can while I clean their enclosure and they can't help but come check it out, even though they know it's not edible.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388455224.610715.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388455313.344047.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388455355.727755.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388455393.460002.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388455405.911790.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388455191.611519.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My big sulcata always has to be the supervisor in his enclosure . My little baby sulcata does not like anything changed in his enclosure . He lets you know he don't like it because he will mess up his enclosure . The red foot tortoises are getting big and are nosey . I have them in my garage .i'll be working on something and they all come to the side of there enclosure to see whats happening . I wish they could talk .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great looking babes you have there. My Leo was never shy either.
Mike, you may not want to know what they are saying if they could talk. Specially if your changing things up and they don't like it:D