Tortie "Soup" for the Quarantined Soul

Sa Ga

Location (City and/or State)
MN
So....in these times of worry, madness, and boredom, we could certainly use a pick-me-up!

What better than some happy, silly, adorable tales/pics of our fave cold-blooded heart-warmers?

Please share any happy tort stories/pics to whittle away the time and remind us that happiness really is found in the little (or maybe not so little!) things!

Post as many pics and stories as you want/can! ??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I lost all my gulf coast box turtles last week because the bottom board on their fence pulled away from the rotten post. Yesterday my next door neighbor called to say they had found a turtle. And yes, it was my male gulf coast box turtle! So I was VERY happy to have at least one of them back.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So....in these times of worry, madness, and boredom, we could certainly use a pick-me-up!

What better than some happy, silly, adorable tales/pics of our fave cold-blooded heart-warmers?

Please share any happy tort stories/pics to whittle away the time and remind us that happiness really is found in the little (or maybe not so little!) things!

Post as many pics and stories as you want/can! ??
How about some Goofy turtles too.
"Oh crap here he comes"IMG_20200309_124241295.jpg
"I believe I can fly"IMG_20200423_183855209.jpg
"Your head makes a good footrest"IMG_20200425_150523132.jpg
"I know there's plenty of log but this is my spot"IMG_20200424_101213093.jpg
"Family photo"IMG_20200424_185000832.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I lost all my gulf coast box turtles last week because the bottom board on their fence pulled away from the rotten post. Yesterday my next door neighbor called to say they had found a turtle. And yes, it was my male gulf coast box turtle! So I was VERY happy to have at least one of them back.
Wow! I'm glad you got the Gulf Coast back...Cool

L

LasTortugasNinja

Yesterday was the first full day of being out in his summer pen for my Russian tort. He climbed on the little branch in the pen to sun himself, then was happily racing around as fast as his little stumpy legs would take him. My wife and I were doing our garden and working on his new indoor enclosure, and every time he saw us walk by he would do head bobs and pushups... he did NOT want us taking him from his pen! It was sooooo funny! A sparrow decided the waterbowl was perfect for HER bath. My tort just sat there and watched. I changed the water after the bird was done since I didn't know where the bird has been.

At night, I went to collect the tort, and he had buried himself 6 inches into the substrate and was QUITE PISSED that he was being taken from his pen!