Tort bath

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Balto. MD
I was curious about that too...
Let me reply to this question, my Tortoise has been soaking in my kitchen sink during cold weather. He has a pool in the warmer weather outside. Yes he does pee and poo in his water while he's soaking. When he's is in the sink, there is no disks around and the counter is clear. When he is finished soaking, I deinfect the counter and the stainless steel sink. Over the year's I raised three boy, and when they were infants I would bath them in the same sink. Many times they would make a mess, so I just clean it up and deinfect. You would be surprised on what go on in the back of many restaurant Kitchen that you know nothing about! When I'm soaking my Tortoise, I don't wash my dish with him.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Let me reply to this question, my Tortoise has been soaking in my kitchen sink during cold weather. He has a pool in the warmer weather outside. Yes he does pee and poo in his water while he's soaking. When he's is in the sink, there is no disks around and the counter is clear. When he is finished soaking, I deinfect the counter and the stainless steel sink. Over the year's I raised three boy, and when they were infants I would bath them in the same sink. Many times they would make a mess, so I just clean it up and deinfect. You would be surprised on what go on in the back of many restaurant Kitchen that you know nothing about! When I'm soaking my Tortoise, I don't wash my dish with him.

Thanks for explaining! It would be convenient, for sure, because you can add warm water directly from the tap to keep adequate temperature..

You would be surprised on what go on in the back of many restaurant Kitchen that you know nothing about!

Uh oh... hopefully not what I am thinking :rolleyes:

TaylorTortoise

Abington
How old is he? He is gorgeous! Does he mess his bath right away?
Thank you! Honestly, I am not sure exactly how old he might be. I will assume he is about 4-5 years or more. He looks very young to me. And acts like a youngling tortoise. I did however get him from the pet store, and hence getting him at a store I believe I am very fortunate for how amazing of a tortoise Tank is, he is so similar to me in so many ways it’s nuts! We pretty much have the same sleep schedule, and he loves food as much as I do and gets so excited when a plate of food is in front of him!!!! He is a ball of energy. I got extremely lucky with him. We’re both excited for the summer days so we can roam around the lawn and find dandelions :) we spend a light of time outdoors in summer getting our exercise!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Thanks for explaining! It would be convenient, for sure, because you can add warm water directly from the tap to keep adequate temperature..

Uh oh... hopefully not what I am thinking :rolleyes:
You know what they say If you eat out, don't **** off the cook.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Been there, done that as far as 3 -compartment sinks in bars & restaurants. As far as I know, none of the help was taking baths in them but I wasn't there all the time. Whatever you soak your tort in, you're eventually going to want to clean it.

Radamila

Camp Verde, Arizona
Tank does not like his baths ? but he is squeaky clean afterwards.
It seems Tank is not comfortable and relaxed in this dish... Bath dish should be shallow, so any tortoises/ turtles feel secure, without fear to be drowned. I use large Terra-cotta Dish and my Sulcata, Miriam feels safe in this dish, she can get out if she is not comfortable or had enough soaking. Sometimes I had to use sink bath with a soft brush (poop get stuck under the plastron and stinks... When I rescued Miriam, she was in bad shape: eating her poop, covered with her own excrements and had (already) piramids from bad diet). Now, she feels better with good fresh food and baths, she takes 2 times a week.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
My Sammy turned 3 on Dec. 21, 2020, on Feb. 1, 2021 he weighed 28 lb. 2 ozs. At 1 yr. old he weighed 2 lbs. At 2 he weighed 9 lbs. At 3 he weighed 24 lbs. 6 ozs. When I got him on March 13, 2018 he weighed 46 grams. at 4 month's old.View attachment 317666View attachment 317667
Don’t you just love baby pictures. He looks so cute! My Dexter is 2 in March and weighs 12 pounds. So I guess we are doing ok. This cold snap is playing havoc with the outdoor enclosure

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
lol a bird???? I have 16 parakeets and 4 eggs in a nest.
I operated a small turtle and tortoise rescue for a number of years, so I have 'pets' from then, missing legs, missing eyes, blind and just a bad temperment.
This is my living room with several of my birds cages
View attachment 317682
View attachment 317683
View attachment 317684

So I have 16 parakeets, 3 tortoises, 15 box turtles and 1 water turtle
2 cats, Simon is a 35 lb Main Coon
Love the just hatched babies!
I used to run a parrot rescue. Had 6 huge parrot cages. Also raised cockatiels.
Have 2 dogs and thought I’d get an easy pet.....
a Sulcata ?